PDA

View Full Version : Faulty CPU

scottmcmullan8
07-08-18, 23:12
Hi

I purchased a MB micro last year from WOS. It had a few issues at the start with a black screen but i thought nothing of it. Now the HDMI port comes up no signal sometimes on a reboot and the screen will go purple. I have tried various cables, tvs and it will work for half an hour or so then itll freeze and on reboot it will say no signal. I have reflashed with just the basic openvix latest and tried older images too and the same thing happens. I have read this could be a faulty CPU as this will usually effect the HDMI port. Anyone know how i go about getting this replaced as it says the MB come with 2 year warranty from WOS?

Thanks

cactikid
07-08-18, 23:19
Contact Wos as if it is a common thing they will know about it and sort it out.

Ashley69
08-08-18, 07:34
As cactikid has said. Contact WOS. HDMI ports on the TV or the box can be damaged if you plug them in with the Tv/box powered up. I always make sure power is turned off when plugging/unplugging hdmi leads.

scottmcmullan8
08-08-18, 11:53
Will do.

Would a damaged HDMI port not display these symptoms consistently. It is really intermittent. It will work for hours then if a reboot is initiated it will show the Miraclebox logo on the screen as if it is booting and then just go black screen and say "no signal"

cactikid
08-08-18, 13:54
If box got hot its also possible to loose a connection and if cooled down would then connect.

scottmcmullan8
08-08-18, 14:36
If box got hot its also possible to loose a connection and if cooled down would then connect.

Unfortunately does it from cold boot as well having been off for days :( but appreciate your input thank you

cactikid
08-08-18, 15:35
The reason i mentioned it as i had a box and when hot had the issue,so yours is cold points to something else.