PDA

View Full Version : Only audio on channels with 5.1.032

kowalski
06-08-18, 12:35
Hello,
I upgraded my Gigablue Quad to OpenVix 5.1.032 but I have no pictures and only audio on my channels. :confused:
I tried different resolution, I've tried to reset to factory default and to start from scratch but nothing changed.

I had to rollback to 5.0.32 to have my box working.

Do you have some suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-18, 12:44
It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. My advice is to contact Gigablue directly as it looks like a driver issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kowalski
06-08-18, 12:58
thank you for the prompt reply, I'll search in the forum... For the moment I've to stick with 5.0.32 :smash:

dntaylor
06-08-18, 20:29
I have a GigaBlue UHD QUAD 4K on 5.1.032 you only get a picture if you set the display to 2160p all the other settings will leave you with a black screen. It does look like a driver issue.

twol
06-08-18, 20:50
I have a GigaBlue UHD QUAD 4K on 5.1.032 you only get a picture if you set the display to 2160p all the other settings will leave you with a black screen. It does look like a driver issue.

Not true ..... my UHD Quad 4K runs at 1080p quite happily...... and I run the latest drivers/images..... watching the Panny plasma at 1080p at this moment

You need to post your audio/video settings and sat config and TV config(model, set up)

dntaylor
06-08-18, 22:14
Well I have tried the settings on both TV sets my Samsung lcd 24" and my LG 55" OLED with the same results. If I set it on 1080 i/p you get a black screen showing only menus. There must be an issue with this because so many people have been posting about it. You must be one of the few that it is not effecting with your brand of TV.

I have also noticed the transcoder is not working when selecting AAC to AC3 watching Freeview HD. When I play it through my amp using the optical output of the receiver you get no sound.

twol
06-08-18, 22:34
Well I have tried the settings on both TV sets my Samsung lcd 24" and my LG 55" OLED with the same results. If I set it on 1080 i/p you get a black screen showing only menus. There must be an issue with this because so many people have been posting about it. You must be one of the few that it is not effecting with your brand of TV.

I have also noticed the transcoder is not working when selecting AAC to AC3 watching Freeview HD. When I play it through my amp using the optical output of the receiver you get no sound.
The other posts are talking about the MIPS boxes.
If this was a common problem the people on the other forums would be yelling their heads off (Giga 4K has been around and has a more significant presence over here ... and they don‘t keep quiet) Also both my Giga 4K‘s (Quad & UE) currently work at 1080P ... one to the panny one to a 2160 monitor.
(Ref Freeview, I need to check but seem to remember an issue with their audio setup.... will check and come back

What amp are you using????? I assume you are going Giga -> receiver -> TV??? Or?????

Lastly have you tried another image ..... this a multiboot receiver, so you can flash another partition and flip between them to test.#

Just seen other posts by you.... so you are using a freeview tuner not a sat tuner?? Or both?? WHich pnp tuner are you using for freeview?

kowalski
07-08-18, 09:05
It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. My advice is to contact Gigablue directly as it looks like a driver issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've contacted Gigablue from their website (reporting a bug menu), I'm waiting for a reply.

I use my Gigablue Quad on a Samsung MU6400 TV but it seems a box issue, the box's menu is visible and also the audio, only the pictures are missing.

p.s. I've tried teamblue 6.1 and I got the same problem.

twol
07-08-18, 09:45

Unlike on the other forum post (which you have posted on) talking about the HD51, the Giga4K does (at least in the image) have the capability to support AAC (either passthrough or downmix) and AAC Transcode (off, AC3 or DTS)
So to get AC3, I guess you have tried combinations of both AAC downmix and AAC transcode (AC3) together?? both with hdmi and optical?

Just trying to clarify.
As commented earlier would be worth trying to flash say OpenPli and seeing if there is a difference.(OpenATV code is very similar to OpenViX)

dntaylor
08-08-18, 09:00
Thanks twol for your reply,
I have tried all combinations as you suggested with no success. When I get some time I will try flashing OpenPli to see if it works on that.

twol
08-08-18, 09:18
@dntaylor - ref the TV picture what brand/model amp are you using? And is it between the sat receiver and TV or does the TV go direct to the TV??

dntaylor
08-08-18, 12:57
I have got the optical out of the sat receiver going directly to amp (Denon AVR 2805) and the HDMI going directly to TV, also I have an optical output of tv going to amp.

twol
08-08-18, 16:05
@dntaylor can you record a HD video/audio stream of about 5 mins from say BBC1 and post the .ts files so I can have a play on my boxes?
Downloaded some AAC test streams and depending on the envelope I can play most of them directly, so would like a Freeview stream to play with!!

dntaylor
08-08-18, 18:41
Where do you want me to post the video file in it's original format the file size 222mb?

twol
08-08-18, 20:28
Where do you want me to post the video file in it's original format the file size 222mb?
Try zipping it and posting it here (go to advanced and then upload & attach the zipped file in line- not sure if there is a file limit.
Just in case I will PM you with my email address and you can attach it to an email (my UK email provider has no file size restrictions) or dropbox and send me a dropbox link to my email.
Look for the PM.

twol
09-08-18, 14:12
@dntaylor
Interesting.
I have played this file on both my HD51 and GBue4k via hdmi into an Onkyo tx nr626 (which supposedly supports 4K passthrough but mostly doesn't!! ... but supports all the audio formats and allows you to monitor input & output streams)
The ts file shows (mediaInfo):
1 video stream @ 1920 x 1080i25 which plays quite happily at whatever output mode I set.
1 audio stream AAC and another "menu" stream AAC. The 1st stream will produce good audio (English, 48.0 Khz, 2 channels, AAC (LATM) (LC) the other will not. So via your audio button on the Giga4K remote just check which audio stream you are playing.

If I don't change defaults both the HD51 and Giga4K play audio that comes into the Onkyo as PCM stereo.
On the Giga4K: (using menu/setup/audio & video/settings) ... using the audio button on remote doesn't seem to change anything
If I enable AAC downmix, nothing changes -> PCM stereo.
If I enable transcode to AC3 nothing changes -> PCM stereo.
If I enable transcode to DTS -> DTS 2 channel stereo

So I have no issue with the video stream and providing I select the "correct" audio stream that also works fine.

So based on this the GB4K appears to not be the issue in your environment as I would expect PCM 2 channel stereo on the optical............... I will try the optical into my amp later if I can find my optical leads!

twol
09-08-18, 14:45
@dntaylor
OPTICAL!!
So I have no issue with hdmi and the video stream and providing I select the "correct" audio stream that also works fine.

I will try the optical into my amp later if I can find my optical leads!

Edit:!!
So optical is different.
I only get optical to work by setting transcoding to off and AAC downmix to Yes ........ then the Onkyo sees PCM 2 channel stereo. ... anything else and it doesn't recognise the audio input.
Any use of transcoding with optical audio input................and no audio.

So GB4K video via hdmi should work at any setting.
GB4K and optical should work if set to downmix and transcoding off.

twol
09-08-18, 14:45
......................... deleted

abu baniaz
09-08-18, 16:50
this thread was not about the 4k receiver. I hope this doesn't get lost in the thread

twol
09-08-18, 17:15
You are correct ... we should have opened a new thread.... however?

dntaylor
10-08-18, 06:10
I was hoping it would do what it says on the tin 'transcode AAC to AC3' because sometimes BBC & Channel 4 broadcast programs with AAC 5.1. It would then come through the amp as AC3 5.1 not PCM 2.0. But thanks for testing and publishing your results.

twol
10-08-18, 07:10
I was hoping it would do what it says on the tin 'transcode AAC to AC3' because sometimes BBC & Channel 4 broadcast programs with AAC 5.1. It would then come through the amp as AC3 5.1 not PCM 2.0. But thanks for testing and publishing your results.

It would be interesting to see what the box does with AAC 5.1 (you might need PCM multichannel enabled). I was surprised at the difference in handling between hdmi and optical but more that AAC to AC3 didn't happen (especially when -> DTS does)
As far as I could tell, OpenPli was just PCM. (I did try that image)