PDA

View Full Version : EPG Menu, can you explain these settings please?

dnme
28-01-11, 22:03
Hi folks
When I am in EPG and press Menu, can anyone explain these settings to me please?

1. Primetime Hour, Primetime Minute? what does it do? what is it? why not just have one setting called "Primetime" in the format hh:mm ?

2. Channel 1 at start, again what is this?

3. Start items 7-8, 14-16, again I'm hugely confused, whats this about?

Thank you

leecovuk
29-01-11, 03:23
Hi folks
When I am in EPG and press Menu, can anyone explain these settings to me please?

1. Primetime Hour, Primetime Minute? what does it do? what is it? why not just have one setting called "Primetime" in the format hh:mm ?

Thank you
These things puzzle and confuse me too. I have had the receiver a couple of months now and have had to accept that many things are likely to remain ambiguous and confusing.

Your best bet for this is to become a detective and track down the author of the 'cool tv guide' plugin. I haven't bothered because presumably there is no English support anyway.

dnme
29-01-11, 04:36
Nothing to do with Cool TV, Its the generic EPG user interface of VIX 1.3 I am talking about. I don't use Cool TV Guide.

leecovuk
29-01-11, 05:39
Nothing to do with Cool TV, Its the generic EPG user interface of VIX 1.3 I am talking about. I don't use Cool TV Guide.
As I understand it, that is a modified version of Cool TV Guide.

pooface
29-01-11, 08:38

Primetime, is just that ... Primetime. The term prime time is often defined in terms of a fixed time period, for example, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm or 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm.

This allows you to choose whether, when you enter the epg list, you enter it with the first channel in the bouquet at the beginning of the list. If enabled, then the first channel will be at the top of the epg list. If not, then the current channel you are on when you enter the epg list will be at the top...

I can't remember this one on top of head... Will have to check that one out :p

As I understand it, that is a modified version of Cool TV Guide.

No, basically, what happened is that andy coded his own epg option. Then, he incorporated CoolTV in to the image, and modified it. Then, he went back to coding his own (whether it used any code from coolman plugin, I don't know), as the cooltv epg was just too slow... So this is not just a modified cooltv plugin ;)

dnme
30-01-11, 01:37
Primetime, is just that ... Primetime. The term prime time is often defined in terms of a fixed time period, for example, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm or 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm.

Many thanks pooface,
But tell me, what difference does it make to the EPG? If I tell it that Primetime is 8pm, what then? it's not as if it colour codes the programs at that time slot....so whats the point?

Also, why two fields (one for hour and one for minute)?