PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] HDD Installation

Fhilipgreen
22-07-18, 12:46
Hi
Small niggling issue, installed my HDD 2 pin power etc all cabled. However when i power up my box nothing. Blanks screen no boot up. Remove the power to the HDD and all back to normal.

Any ideas?
Thanks

timofee
26-07-18, 06:45
You could try formatting the HDD separately to exFAT, then try again.

If that does not work, try another HDD.

abu baniaz
26-07-18, 11:03
The HDD is probably marked as having errors. An attempt is made to clean/fix before booting. Try formatting it in a PC first. Fat32 is better as receiver will mount it without having to install drivers.

birdman
26-07-18, 17:39
Fat32 is better as receiver will mount it without having to install drivers....but will restrict you to 4GB file sizes.

Andy_Hazza
26-07-18, 17:46
...but will restrict you to 4GB file sizes.

I think @abu meant easier for the receiver to recognise and mount before initialising it to Ext4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellejt
26-07-18, 17:48
not if you format it when in the box to EXT xxx

birdman
26-07-18, 18:09
I think @abu meant easier for the receiver to recognise and mount before initialising it to Ext4.It doesn't have to have a file system on it at all for the box to see it.

bellejt
26-07-18, 18:37
normaly not but already had HDD's that needed to be reformatted on PC before beeing recognized by the boxes.

birdman
26-07-18, 19:10
normaly not but already had HDD's that needed to be reformatted on PC before beeing recognized by the boxes.That my depend on what you mean by "recognized". A raw device with no file-system on it will still be seen by the box as a raw device onto which a file system may be put. How enigma2 displays such an item I'm not sure.

Fhilipgreen
03-08-18, 23:31
Thanks all it would appear that the power part of the sata cable was at fault. The unit now powers up as expected.

Thanks all