PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] Remote Issue

pjhpjh79
21-07-18, 10:40
Hi All,

Seem to have an issue with the RC on the Uno4KSE box with Vix 5.1.031 image.
If remote hasnt been used in a few hours it doesn't seem to respond to any key strokes.
It takes about 1min of pressing any keys for it to wake up. It then starts working perfectly.

Anyone else noticed this or have an idea of whats causing it?

Ashley69
21-07-18, 11:05
Have you tried new batteries?

Sicilian
21-07-18, 11:09
Have you installed picons? If so where have you stored them?

pjhpjh79
21-07-18, 11:15
Have you tried new batteries?

No not yet, will see if it helps.

pjhpjh79
21-07-18, 11:16
Have you installed picons? If so where have you stored them?

Yes I have, I originally put them on the hdd, but then I put them on the Flash memory. If they are still on hdd would that cause an issue?

Andy_Hazza
21-07-18, 12:44
Yes I have, I originally put them on the hdd, but then I put them on the Flash memory. If they are still on hdd would that cause an issue?

Yeah it can cause issues being on the HDD. Flash memory is more than adequate with your receiver you have and the best place to store them imo. Just make sure your are storing your EPG data to your HDD. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjhpjh79
21-07-18, 12:47
Yeah it can cause issues being on the HDD. Flash memory is more than adequate with your receiver you have and the best place to store them imo. Just make sure your are storing your EPG data to your HDD. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the info,

I'll check it and make sure.

Sicilian
21-07-18, 12:57
Personally I store them on USB, so if ever re-flash they remain intact.

If you still have an issue after removing them I'd USB re-flash and setup bit by bit. Possible that something you've setup is causing a slow down.

pjhpjh79
23-07-18, 13:12
Update:
I've moved the Picons to the Flash memory. Changed Remote Batteries. Made sure EPG is on the HDD.

When the TV is off, the remote seems to work fine and the Box picks up the Keystrokes. However, when the TV is then turned on this seems to stop the remote from working for around 2 mins. Then after that it works fine.

So I'm not sure why turning the TV on would interfere with the Remote.

I'm going to try swapping the HDMI cable.
Then as it's only connected to a test TV, I'll move it onto my main TV and see if that has any effect on the issue.

abu baniaz
23-07-18, 13:31
Just to repeat previous advice, with slight variation:
Make an image backup so you can flash it back afterwards.

Flash latest image by USB
Do not restore anything
Do not install anything
Do not change any settings apart from tuner configuration. Especially HDMI CEC settings.

Does the problem exist at this stage?

If not, change one setting at a time and check for problem. You can identify the setting responsible by this metod.

Then your usual plugins one at a time and check for problem. You can identify problematic plugin if this is the cause.

Trial
23-07-18, 13:47
Hi,
in this case you have either a Plasma or an old LCD (not LED) TV. This is a know effect that they might interfere with IR remotes during their warmup phase. Sometimes it makes things better if you reduce back light of the TV, just wait 5-10 minutes or buy a new TV:-)

ciao

TK4|2|1
23-07-18, 14:34
Hi,
in this case you have either a Plasma or an old LCD (not LED) TV. This is a know effect that they might interfere with IR remotes during their warmup phase. Sometimes it makes things better if you reduce back light of the TV, just wait 5-10 minutes or buy a new TV:-)

ciao

Yup this. I have a tv in my bedroom that does this. Give it a minute, works fine. Also energy light bulbs can cause the same issue sometimes.

pjhpjh79
23-07-18, 14:38
Yup this. I have a tv in my bedroom that does this. Give it a minute, works fine. Also energy light bulbs can cause the same issue sometimes.

Yes It is an old LCD TV. I'm only using it for setting up the box and testing before using the box on my main TV.

pjhpjh79
23-07-18, 14:39
Just to repeat previous advice, with slight variation:
Make an image backup so you can flash it back afterwards.

Flash latest image by USB
Do not restore anything
Do not install anything
Do not change any settings apart from tuner configuration. Especially HDMI CEC settings.

Does the problem exist at this stage?

If not, change one setting at a time and check for problem. You can identify the setting responsible by this metod.

Then your usual plugins one at a time and check for problem. You can identify problematic plugin if this is the cause.

I Will be reflashing the Box later on tonight and as you say check it step by step.

TK4|2|1
23-07-18, 18:18
I Will be reflashing the Box later on tonight and as you say check it step by step.

Why bother, it’s your tv creating infra red radiation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk