PDA

View Full Version : network problem pulling my hair out

kingo
28-01-11, 21:11
Duo has been working fine then about an hour or so ago the screen froze and I rebooted but still nothing on sly just black screen bbc ok and so on, tried to ftp the box but nothing did a network test and all ok apart from name server, changed back to dhcp and still nothing it dont even show any ip address just says n/a in the end re flashed as it kept freezing on boot up after that, went through the wizard and kept saying no internet connection, I am using home plugs, connected my tv to the home plug as it has media player built in and it worked fine streaming to tv, duo then said it was setting up network using the wizard, I can download plugins but cannot ftp box at all as it does not show the ip just N/A i am well peed of at the mo.

anyone any ideas

basilyoung
28-01-11, 21:17
This is a strange one,

but if it can download, then obviously, it is connecting to the net, so it must be available on the lan as well

try going to setup, system, network, adaptor settings, and see if there are any address settings

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 21:22
just my router ip eveything else says N/A really weird all was fine until this evening showed everything my ip and so on, but not now eveything just says n/a

basilyoung
28-01-11, 21:30
check your lan cable is right in the either net sockets first, and recheck network,
if no joy, try setting up the network manuellly?

uncheck dhcp

set an ip outside of your dhcp range
netmask @ 255.255.255.0
gateway = yes ( your router ip )
primary dns same as router
secondary @ 0.0.0.0

I expect you have already done this, but give it a go

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 21:35
I will try that, does the duo support usb wireless adapters ?

basilyoung
28-01-11, 21:35
after thought

can you use a direct lan cable?? rather than home plug ( i use home plug as well ) but its possible home plug might be the problem

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 21:37
I will have to take it upstairs were my router is and just plug into sons monitor and try that, I had a sneeky feeling it might be the homeplug next to my router

basilyoung
28-01-11, 21:37
I am not sure about the wireless adaptor, but would think so, also what image are you using?

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 21:38
using vix, should I just shut down and then put the usb wireless in ?

basilyoung
28-01-11, 22:06
I would first use a direct lan cable, to establish if there is a net work problem, if its ok,..i would then try the usb adaptor

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 22:21
tried straight connection upstairs and worked straight away must be the home plug bloody thing

basilyoung
28-01-11, 22:24
well at least you no whats up now,...pleased to have helped

baz

kingo
28-01-11, 22:41
cheers mate, will have to wait for tomorrow now for a new one, do you know if other makes all work together ?, the one thats having the problem is the one from my router the one downsatirs with the duo seems fine if I get another make will the one downstairs work ?

pooface
28-01-11, 22:53
One quick thing to try ... Depending on your homeplug (I had devolo), you might have a button at the bottom of the home plug, next tot he network cable... Pres this button on all homplugs you use on your network. This sets the network pasword for the homeplugs! ...

kingo
28-01-11, 23:20
will take a look, another problem now, when i set up my tuners after maiking the mistake of flashing it again, i do not have astra2/eurobird1 anumore just astra 2 a b c d or something to that effect but it will not give fta bbc on that.

kingo
28-01-11, 23:53
weird all working now apart from the homeplug that was about to burn out I think, smelling like burning. ahh well another trial over with for the night.