PDA

View Full Version : Recording crashing on box please help

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 02:52
Hello everyone was wondering if anyone could help me. I currently have the hd51 with a hard drive installed and when I try and record my box will freeze and not record at all and I have to restart the box by keeping hold of the power button on the front of the box u till it restarts. I have multi room from my iptv provider so I know that’s not the problem. I have my settings set to record to my hard drive ect also. If anyone knows a fix for this I would really appreciate it as it’s so frustrating thank you

Andy_Hazza
17-07-18, 08:26
If you can record successfully from satellite, then you know it is an IPTV issue. Even though you have multiroom, it doesn’t necessarily mean you can record. IPTV is very hit & miss when it comes to recordings. You are probably best enquiring with your supplier about the IPTV and if its possible to record. You’ll find most providers hate e2 boxes, so you may have yo tinker with your IPTV channel list and play about at changing different ‘Service Types’ to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 09:30
I have recorded to a usb without any problems in the past also I’ve recorded a channel while watching another without any problems. I’ve only just recently installed the hard drive initizilised it ect now when I press record it just crashes straight away. Do you have any idea how I go about changing the service type mate thank you for your reply

Andy_Hazza
17-07-18, 09:58
Firstly, does it crash while recording from a Satellite source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 10:46
I couldn’t tell you sorry mate as I haven’t got any satellite source connected to my box just have iptv running through it only. I’ve initizialised the hard drive and set it up to save to my hard drive is there anything else that I’ve missed out on the settings. Thanks for your help Andy top man ��

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 14:25
As nobody ever had this problem before it’s so frustrating as far as I can see everything is set up perfectly just soon as I press record the whole box crashes and I have to restart the box. Surely this is a common problem with enigma2 hard drives and someone knows a fix been sat here for hours trying everything without any joy ��

abu baniaz
17-07-18, 15:15
Can you attach the crash logs?

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 15:35
How is this done mate I haven’t got a clue tbh. It just freezes soon as I press record we’re do I go for the crash logs thanks for the reply aswell mate I’m losing me mind trying to figure it out ha

bigtruck1
17-07-18, 21:17
Hello everyone I decided to disconnect my hard drive from inside the box and try to record to my usb but I got the same problem it’s froze with the blue circle in the corner so I had to do the restart. Guessing by this that it’s not a problem with my hard drive but a problem with the settings somewhere causing it not to record. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this been at it for 9 hours now and still no closer ha

bigtruck1
19-07-18, 15:15
Hello I eventually figured out what the problem was. I was using service app which changes the player from the original enigma2 player to extplayer3 and read on another forum that it’s not possible to record when using serviceapp which is very frustrating as because when I don’t use service app a lot of my hd channels are laggy and freeze a lot but when service app is on everything runs smooth without any problems but can’t record does anybody know of an alternative for this please thank you