PDA

View Full Version : New HD51 - Resolution Issues and Bouquet assistance requested

Xiaomi
12-07-18, 13:40
Hello,

I've got my HD51 and am in the process of setting it up.

I've got a 4K LG TV (49UJ670V) and I thought that the optimum resolution for the HD51 would be 2140p30. However, whilst watching the football I noticed that the image was not as crisp as I expected and that the football itself seems to move jerkily across the screen.

I then downgraded the resolution to 1080p and everything was fine. Why is it that a 4K TV with a 4K tuner cannot handle this setting - I thought it would be the optimum to use.

Secondly, I need to create some bouquets. I need Saorsat (Irish satellite TV) and Freesat - UK TV) but I'm looking for a guide on how to go about all this. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

spiderman01
12-07-18, 13:44
How do you connect your Mutant to the TV

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

spiderman01
12-07-18, 13:45
And what image have you got. The openvix website has great video tutorials of how to create Autobuquets

Sicilian
12-07-18, 14:16
Live TV should be 2160p / 60hz.

For 1080p use 50hz.

Xiaomi
12-07-18, 15:49
How do you connect your Mutant to the TV

HDMI using the cable provided by WoS with the box.

And what image have you got. The openvix website has great video tutorials of how to create Autobuquets

OpenATV.

Live TV should be 2160p / 60hz.

For 1080p use 50hz.

It is for live TV. The box only has 2160p30 - there is no 60Hz option.

Sicilian
12-07-18, 15:54
OpenViX defo has 2160 60hz, no idea about OpenATV. I'm sure if you check A/V settings you should be able to change that.

Xiaomi
12-07-18, 16:00
Found the below in the user manual, so I'll try a different HDMI input:

Connect your TV to external devices. For the best picture and audio
quality, connect the external device and the TV with the HDMI cable.
Some separate cable is not provided.
•  General HDMI ULTRA HD Deep
Colour
- On : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0)
- Off : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz 8 bit (4:2:0)
If the device connected to Input Port also supports ULTRA HD Deep
Colour, your picture may be clearer. However, if the device doesn’t
support it, it may not work properly. In that case, connect the device
to a different HDMI port or change the TV’s HDMI ULTRA HD Deep
Colour setting to Off.
•  Supported HDMI Audio format :
Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital Plus (32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz),
DTS (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz),
PCM (32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz)
(Depending on model)

Sicilian
12-07-18, 16:19
The user manual will have no relevance to 3rd party images, personally I'd re-usb flash with openvix.

twol
12-07-18, 18:37
It is for live TV. The box only has 2160p30 - there is no 60Hz option.

Sorry, don‘t believe that OpenATV offers only 2160p30 they offer more options than that unless you have setup incorrectly.
Having said that I would flash ViX ... you can do it with the OpenATV flashimage function if you ftp the vix image to your HDD/usb and Images directory (but you can also modify the search to pick up) and then multiboot flash online .... or you can just usb flash!

Ashley69
12-07-18, 18:40
This is my personal experience with a LG 4K LG TV AND A Mutant HD51.
Your LG TV will be upscaling the picture to 4K. You don’t need the box set at 2160P as well.
I couldn’t turn of the uhd upscaling off on the LG to see if setting the HD 51 to 2106p would be a better picture.
All I know is having both upscaling somehow makes the picture worse.
With my Samsung Tv I can turn off the UHD and set the box to 2106P but I didn’t find any difference in the picture whether it was the box or tv doing the upscaling.

Xiaomi
13-07-18, 21:29
This is my personal experience with a LG 4K LG TV AND A Mutant HD51.
Your LG TV will be upscaling the picture to 4K. You don’t need the box set at 2160P as well.
I couldn’t turn of the uhd upscaling off on the LG to see if setting the HD 51 to 2106p would be a better picture.
All I know is having both upscaling somehow makes the picture worse.
With my Samsung Tv I can turn off the UHD and set the box to 2106P but I didn’t find any difference in the picture whether it was the box or tv doing the upscaling.

So the box will be receiving a 2160P signal and then downgrading it to 1080P prior to the TV then upgrading it back to 2160P? Surely that is not the optimum way of working and it would be best to have the upscaling performed if necessary at the PVR? Or does it depend on which has the best algorithm for the upscaling?
However, is this not a moot point at the minute as there is a lack of 4K content and this only becomes an issue when there is an increased amount of 4K content available?

Thanks.

twol
13-07-18, 23:26
So the box will be receiving a 2160P signal and then downgrading it to 1080P prior to the TV then upgrading it back to 2160P? Surely that is not the optimum way of working and it would be best to have the upscaling performed if necessary at the PVR? Or does it depend on which has the best algorithm for the upscaling?
However, is this not a moot point at the minute as there is a lack of 4K content and this only becomes an issue when there is an increased amount of 4K content available?

Thanks.
So flashed OpenATV 6.1 & 6.2 and you are correct in that the 2160 settings with the HD51 seem to be completely wrong... but don't have the time to see whats changed.
I would just flash OpenViX there is no reason why you cannot run in 2160 modes ... I have had a 2160 capable monitor that I have run with all my boxes in 2160 mode without any problems.. the other comment about 2160 capable channels is another thread!