PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Show webpage on front display when inactive?

morrijr
24-06-18, 15:36
Hi,

I've been using OpenVix since I got my Gigablue Quad+ from WoS, although quite a few years ago now. I was just sitting here thinking of a way to display in my house some information without going to the extreme of standing up another RaspPi/Monitor or hacking a Kindle etc and it occurred to me that I've got a display on the Giga which is on 99.99% of the time but usually just showing the clock.

I was wondering if it would be possible for it to show a webpage. Now, I realise that the screen is quite small and you wouldn't be able to point it at anything really detailed and be able to read it, however I'm sure I could craft something (I live near the beach, so was thinking of weather and tide information).

What do people think? Would it be possible already? (I've never had need to further hack the OpenVix).

Thanks for any thoughts.

John.

PS, apologies if this is not the best place to post this; moderators please feel free to move.

Huevos
24-06-18, 18:45
If you want that functionality just create a plugin. If it works ok we can add it to the feeds so other users can benefit from it too.