PDA

View Full Version : bouquets which control motor travel

daveo_spy
28-01-11, 15:30
Hi Guys,

I have a 80 cm motorised dish with two lnbs and I have two reciever boxes running the vix duo image 1.3. When I am watching sly on one box (box a)and my brother wants to watch say Canal+ on the other reciever (box b), he is unable to as the motor (which is controlled by box a) points to that satelite and hence in this case can only watch programs on sly.

I was told by a friend (who has a fixed sky dish) that he can watch sky IT, and Canal +, Canal Digital. therefore, is is possible to lock the dish which will enable on sky which will enable the other satelites to be accessed such as watch sly uk on one box and canal + on the other.

I am currently using cateyes bouquet however I do not know if this bouquet allows for this or there is something I can do to the reciever to stop movement but allows me to view other satelites.

Thanks
Daveo

t.ph
06-02-11, 20:25
Have you really got 2 x lnb's on a motorised dish or a dual lnb?
I suspect you have a dual lnb & if that is the case then NO you wont be able to view 2 diferent satellites at the same time due to the fact the lnb can only point to one satellite at a time.
You can do what you want to do & there are various ways to it but not as i suspect with a dual lnb.

Sicilian
07-02-11, 11:07
Post exactly what your setup is, you may need to go down the Inverto multi-connect route.

daveo_spy
11-02-11, 10:07
Sorry guys for the delay in responding to your replies. I do have a dual LNB as oppose to two lnb on my dish and from multiple reads and feedback you are right I can only watch the programs on the satelite it is pointing too.

Thanks for all you help chaps

Daveo