PDA

View Full Version : World cup TRT 4K Turksat

spiderman01
14-06-18, 12:55
Hi there,

I got the Sony XE9005 TV that for some weird reason didn't make it to the approved TV list for the BBC world cup trial and was wondering if I buy the Octagon SF4008 I would be able to see the broadcast from Turkish free to air broadcast TRT 4K channel. Dies it broadcast in HLG mode? Any ideas ?

dpullen87
14-06-18, 16:20
Yes this will work aslong as you can get a lock on 42e, it will be turkish comms. No HDR or HLG just 4k resolution. Just stick with ITV/BBC HD you won't notice much difference.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-18, 09:31
Yes this will work aslong as you can get a lock on 42e, it will be turkish comms. No HDR or HLG just 4k resolution. Just stick with ITV/BBC HD you won't notice much difference.

I take it you haven’t watched a game in 4K...!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpullen87
15-06-18, 09:42
Of course I have and it’s very impressive but for me I would rather have English comms in HD rather than 4K and Turkish comms.

hazzardboy7
15-06-18, 11:58
Hi there,

I got the Sony XE9005 TV that for some weird reason didn't make it to the approved TV list for the BBC world cup trial and was wondering if I buy the Octagon SF4008 I would be able to see the broadcast from Turkish free to air broadcast TRT 4K channel. Dies it broadcast in HLG mode? Any ideas ?

Hi, a word of warning, if you want a satellite reciver that gets updated when needed, dont buy an octagan product, if you want sound on a 4k channel, again dont buy a octagan satelleite product, you wont get either from octagan.

Many customers of Octagan have issues getting sound on 4k channels, some tv work with sound, some dont, so dont be surprised if you dont get audio, if however you want a satellite reciver with poor customer service, emails you send no answered, and a company who dont care when customers have problems with their octagan product they have brought, then buy a Octagan 4008, you will love it, least you wont get turkish audio when watching turkish tv, see there are always plus points to the poor customer service from octagan.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

abu baniaz
15-06-18, 12:22
For benefit of those with other 4k devices, you can stream from a non-4k satellite receiver to the 4k device. For PC users, VLC does not work, Media player classic does.

linsladeboy
15-06-18, 14:18
Of course I have and it’s very impressive but for me I would rather have English comms in HD rather than 4K and Turkish comms.

Personally not bothered if audio is english or double dutch, don't need so called expert commments!
Funnily enough, watched Russia v Saudi Arabia on a 4K dutch channel( Astra 23 east) and was more than impressed with quality.
Just wish that there were more 4K channels around, but then again we had the same discussions when HD first came out.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-18, 14:20
Hi there,

Take a look at the Mut@nt HD51, better than the Octagon SF4008 imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk