PDA

View Full Version : Watch recordings through MB-to-MB-share

switte
11-06-18, 20:06
Hi there!
This is my very first post in this forum and I hope to get some help with my problem here, as I haven’t found any googling around...
I have two Miracleboxes, one Ultra and one Micro, and in my Ultra I have an internal hdd used for recording.
Now I would like to watch these recordings on my Micro (assuming that this should indeed be possible...).
I have tried different ways and settings in the mount manager, but I can’t seem to get any files in my file browser.
As I have been fiddling around with the settings I have successfully gotten two entries in mnt/net with two of my entered share names apparently... (I have tried way more than two times though...).
It feels like I have been “almost there” as these share names have at least become visible in the file browser, although they are completely empty apart from a .fstab-file. The problem with investigating these settings further is that the folders showed up some time after I already changed the settings again... So I don’t know what settings made them appear.
Have anyone made a successful Miraclebox-to-Miraclebox-connection and been able to watch content from one on the other? If so, would you please be so kind giving me the exact steps of accomplishing this?
I have tried NFS and CIFS share and also mounting with both enigma2 and with FSTAB.
Waiting to hear from one of you satellite pros!

switte
11-06-18, 20:16
Sorry, forgot to mention I am using Miraculous on both boxes.

Alankellyeire
04-07-18, 21:30
install samba on the miracle box with the recordings and mount the samba share on the other box.

you need to give the root user a password for it to be able to work.

just the boxes a password using the command below, then just enter your password

passwd root

I recommend you don't use NFS even though its a better protocol as i had a lot of issues with using it, so suggest you use only samba.