PDA

View Full Version : Can you mix DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X tuners? Any known issues?

aido
03-06-18, 08:31
Hi,

I just bought a new HD51 yesterday while upgrading my system.

I picked up a dual tuner DVB-S2 machine, and wondered if it's possible to replace one S2 tuner with an S2X tuner or do I need to replace both?

Are there any known driver / HDMI handshake issues as when I turned the TV on the picture had a pink hue and the only way I could clear it was by a full reboot of the HD51.

Version wise it is on the latest available (ie USB flashed 5.1.027 and software updated to 5.1.028).

Thanks in advance :)

twol
03-06-18, 09:05
I have both tuners on my HD51, no issues.
You might check the bootmode (should be mode 1 normally for most images) but mode 12 is used for the hardware pip.
Look at /boot/STARTUP file it will have the bootmode... if ViX - OpenPli is diiferent
Mode 12 has caused issues for me.

aido
03-06-18, 09:46
Thanks Twol - I checked the bootmode and it's still in bootmode 1 but is a fresh image.

All I've stuck on so far is the vHannibal Autosettings and the e2m3ubouquets script.

I see that there is a new batch out with a new remote control, I still have the old one but will buy the new one (which is similar to the Formuler F1) if it becomes available :)

I'll wait until my dish gets put up again and then if I get a good arc I'll order one s2x tuner - thanks again :)

aido
25-06-18, 20:55
Thanks again @Twol, I finally got around to ordering and it arrived today and I've installed it - TRT4k was breaking up for me before with the DVB-S2 tuner but hasn't broken up once on the DVB-S2X tuner so it has given me the small bump in sensitivity I needed :thumbsup: