PDA

View Full Version : 4k world cup channels on satellite

linsladeboy
31-05-18, 16:43
I read today that BBC will be streaming 4k matches via broadband.
Does anyone know if any european broadcasters are likely to be the same FTA via satellite.

twol
31-05-18, 17:07
If you are veeeery lucky ... its 1st come to bbc Iplayer and after the 1st nthousand thats it.
So first you need bbc iplayer access and then you need to get in before the „trial“ closes.

... apart from not having finger trouble selecting the correct broadcast, bandwith and a UHD TV

linsladeboy
31-05-18, 20:35
Hi mate,don't think I made myself quite clear.
I was asking about possibility of watching 4k world cup via a satellite feed and not broadband as I have a 4k tv and 4k receiver
Bit surprised that BBC have gone iPlayer route, would they not have been able to accommodate a much bigger audience with a 4K satellite feed?

ronand
31-05-18, 21:29
There aren't many 4K channels never mind FTA channels. TRT 4K on 42E will be showing it but I would imagine audio will be Turkish.

twol
01-06-18, 06:15
Hi mate,don't think I made myself quite clear.
I was asking about possibility of watching 4k world cup via a satellite feed and not broadband as I have a 4k tv and 4k receiver
Bit surprised that BBC have gone iPlayer route, would they not have been able to accommodate a much bigger audience with a 4K satellite feed?
I guess its because its a trial and they can control access this way

ronand
01-06-18, 09:45
Its probably cheaper over the internet. Bandwidth on satellite is expensive and there's no money for the Beeb to make out of it.

linsladeboy
01-06-18, 09:52
Yeah, you're probably all correct with your comments.
Bit concerned for future viewing via satellite only to be honest, everything seems to be going iptv/broadband route.

ronand
01-06-18, 10:49
I think thats an exaggeration tbh. BBC 3 was no loss anyway.

rasp
01-06-18, 17:18
Only the first thousand and minimum speed of 40meg.

abu baniaz
01-06-18, 18:04
IIRC, there were transmissions on 19.2 and 13e last world cup too.