PDA

View Full Version : Solo4k

johnnym
29-05-18, 09:13
Hi guys
after the litening storm the other night my solo4k seems to boot normal and on the tv i get the VU + screen when it starts to boot then nothing ( it says please check inputs) any ideal is it the main board, is it repairable or not worth sending it off??

regards
John

Andy_Hazza
29-05-18, 09:20
Have you tried a different hdmi port on your TV? A different hdmi lead? Change all these while the Solo 4K and TV/Amp etc are powered off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnym
29-05-18, 10:10
Thanks for the quick response Andy
Yes disconnected the amp/receiver, plugged the HDMI lead from the television to the X3D Media player at the bottom, the video and audio works fine so that rules out the HDMI lead.
But plugged the HDMI lead back into the Pioneer receiver/amp video ok but no audio so looks like it blow the amp as well as the solo4k,
I still have my VUDuo2 in a box somewhere, I will get out if the solo is gone but seems strange that the front little tv is ok and when you switch solo box on its shows VU+ on the tv screen then nothing.
so I have the tv HDMI straight into the solo4k box by-passing the home cinema.

regards

Andy_Hazza
29-05-18, 10:51
You could try reflashing the Solo 4K with ViX 5.1.027 and seeing if that is successful?
Also of interest, is your TV 4K? If not, it could be that it is set to the wrong resolution or vice versa.

johnnym
29-05-18, 13:25
Hi Andy
Yes I re-flashed it today with no problems but still only on the little screen on the box nothing on the TV screen after the initial VU+ boot screen.

Yes The Pioneer receiver and the Lg Ultra Hd is 4K I bought last year and all been working fine until the storm Friday night.

regards

Andy_Hazza
29-05-18, 16:12
Bloody hell, looks like the main board has frizzled. Try your Duo2 to rule out your TV/Amp etc. For future I would connect devices through a surge protector.