PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] HD swap discussion

Huevos
28-05-18, 22:16
Thread to discuss any HD swaps that need tweaking. There are a lot of regions and we have done our best to check they are correct. But if you have noticed any errors please report them here.

dsayers
28-05-18, 22:35
From what I've seen STV HD on 803 on Scottish West and East Midlands on 176.

For Scottish West maybe this
<channel number="103" with="803" conditional="'STV' in service_sd['service_name'] and 'STV' in service_hd['service_name']"/> <!-- STV HD -->

But im unsure if we actually need all those conditional swaps as the header in swap section says <!-- swapchannels affects main and sections bouquets. "number" is the SD channel. "with" is the HD channel. Swap will not occur if target is not HD -->

So if ITV/STV HD is on 803 I dont think any other regions uses an HD channel on 176, Vice versa if ITV/STV HD is on 176 I dont think they will have another HD channel on 803

So maybe just use

<channel number="103" with="803"/> <!-- ITV/STV HD -->
<channel number="103" with="176"/> <!-- ITV/STV HD -->

I havent checked if all regions dont have an HD channel on 176 though.

Willo3092
28-05-18, 23:18
Sky 28.2 East Midlands HD with no swaps - ABM 3.0 with latest provider update:

BBC1 HD - 115
BBC2 HD - 802
ITV Central West HD - 176
CH4 HD - 138
CH5 HD - 805

After enabling swaps all are correct apart from 103.
101, 102, 104 and 105 are all swapped for HD versions.

103 is ITV Central East and 176 is ITV Central West HD

abu baniaz
29-05-18, 05:00
I tested with scottish east region, it was fine. Didn't think scottish west would be different. Anyway, committed the changes

Maybe worth linking to this again
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48155-ITV-HD-channel-scanned-by-ABM-doesn-t-match-local-region

Huevos
29-05-18, 08:56
I tested with scottish east region, it was fine. Didn't think scottish west would be different.Impossible for us to find every problem in 188 areas without users helping and giving feedback.

lincsat
29-05-18, 12:32
Using the Humber region and the latest provider file, I get ITV Yorkshire West HD on 103 and ITV Yorkshire East on 176. If I revert the provider file to

<channel number="103" with="176" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/>
Then it correctly gives ITV Yorkshire East on 103 and ITV Yorkshire West HD on 176. BBC1 is incorrectly swapped to HD on 101.

In the main list, ITV Yorkshire West HD is at position 10 rather than position 3 which it would have been if the hdchannelsontop and sdchannelsontop were still available

abu baniaz
29-05-18, 13:34
Please do not mix up Swap with Order of HD channels.

Order of HD channels in HD and FTA HD bouquets was not used fully as it is too much maintenance. We stopped at the first 5 channels.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Huevos
29-05-18, 14:14
Using the Humber region and the latest provider file, I get ITV Yorkshire West HD on 103 and ITV Yorkshire East on 176. If I revert the provider file to

<channel number="103" with="176" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/>
Then it correctly gives ITV Yorkshire East on 103 and ITV Yorkshire West HD on 176. BBC1 is incorrectly swapped to HD on 101.

In the main list, ITV Yorkshire West HD is at position 10 rather than position 3 which it would have been if the hdchannelsontop and sdchannelsontop were still availableI still don't understand what you mean.

channelsontop only ever controlled the order of the channels in the "HD" and "FTAHD" bouquets. And it was a nightmare to set up for 188 areas where the channels were dotted here there and everywhere.

Please post your debug log with extra debug enabled.

lincsat
29-05-18, 14:49
Humber is an area without an ITV equivalent, so on 103 we should have the SD channel for our area, with the current file we get ITV HD but for the wrong area (Yorkshire West). I believe BBC1 should be SD in all of England, only HD in Wales, Scotland and N.I. where there is the proper HD equivalent.

The channelsontop only needs to control the HD and FTAHD bouquets, the channels are well out of order now, not just in Sky UK but in VM UK as well. Here's a couple of screenshots that may help explain

First is with old files that include the channelsontop

next is with latest files that do not use channelsontop

Willo3092
29-05-18, 14:54
Just scanned Sky 28.2 East Midlands HD with the latest providers config and all working as it should be. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Huevos
29-05-18, 15:55
@lincsat, I think you are confused about what HD swap is. If you want the official Sky line up use an HD area. HD swap is supposed to swap BBC One and ITV.

When you enable swap this is what the description says, "This option will swap SD versions of channels with HD versions. (eg BBC One SD with BBC One HD, Channel Four SD with with Channel Four HD)". Obviously we swap with the HD region provided. If your region doesn't yet have its own equivalent the substitute is used. This isn't a fault with ABM. This is what is intended and what is transmitted as a substitute by the broadcaster.

lincsat
29-05-18, 16:00
But AIUI, the broadcaster only swaps where there is an equivalent HD, so in my area, Sky does NOT swap ITV or BBC1. In London for example it DOES swap ITV. So, again, AIUI, ABM should follow the official broadcaster.

Huevos
29-05-18, 16:10
But AIUI, the broadcaster only swaps where there is an equivalent HD, so in my area, Sky does NOT swap ITV or BBC1. In London for example it DOES swap ITV. So, again, AIUI, ABM should follow the official broadcaster.ABM does follow the official list. Check the HD list. HD swap is an extra that goes even further.

dsayers
29-05-18, 16:28
The channelsontop only needs to control the HD and FTAHD bouquets, the channels are well out of order now, not just in Sky UK but in VM UK as well. Here's a couple of screenshots that may help explain

First is with old files that include the channelsontop

next is with latest files that do not use channelsontop

I dont have that issue with Sky UK North West Yorkshire Custom and Virgin UK 41053 (Leeds)

I get the same result with channel swap yes or no.

@lincsat, I think you are confused about what HD swap is. If you want the official Sky line up use an HD area.

Even with HD region I get 1 to 5 SD first without Channel swap.

lincsat
29-05-18, 16:39
I dont have that issue with Sky UK North West Yorkshire Custom and Virgin UK 41053 (Leeds)

I get the same result with channel swap yes or no.

Even with HD region I get 1 to 5 SD first without Channel swap.

Your area does have an ITV HD though, so your Yorkshire HD is correct, the official box would have ITV HD on 103 but BBC1 W. Yorks in SD on 101. Try setting the area to a different Yorkshire region that should not have ITV HD - with the latest files you will still get an ITV HD (so wrong local news). Then patch the file to get the correct ITV on 103 and the main bouquet will be wrong.

I've tried to patch back in the channelsontop code but I'm not a coder, so have failed miserably. I'll just have to use an older ABM to get it working as well as possible.

Huevos
29-05-18, 16:40
Even with HD region I get 1 to 5 SD first without Channel swap.Which is the official HD line up.

So anyway you are not getting that strange order lincsat is reporting for VMUK HD bouquet, right?

Huevos
29-05-18, 16:42
Your area does have an ITV HD though, so your Yorkshire HD is correct, the official box would have ITV HD on 103 but BBC1 W. Yorks in SD on 101. Try setting the area to a different Yorkshire region that should not have ITV HD - with the latest files you will still get an ITV HD (so wrong local news). Then patch the file to get the correct ITV on 103 and the main bouquet will be wrong.No, not wrong. You told ABM to swap. If you want to follow the official HD list select an HD area.

dsayers
29-05-18, 16:50
But AIUI, the broadcaster only swaps where there is an equivalent HD, so in my area, Sky does NOT swap ITV or BBC1. In London for example it DOES swap ITV. So, again, AIUI, ABM should follow the official broadcaster.

This maybe possible with the bouquet regions in conditional swap. This was the conditonal swap for ITV/STV swap that may to work for local regions

<channel number="103" with="803" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] not in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/> <!-- ITV HD -->
<channel number="103" with="176" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/> <!-- STV HD -->

This is where the issue was for Scottish regions West uses 803 for STV and East uses 176. I think STV guide shows STV HD is for west so STV HD on 176 for East so maybe bouquet id can be used in CustomMix?

But I like 1 to 5 HD and can find the SD version easily

dsayers
29-05-18, 16:59
Which is the official HD line up.

So anyway you are not getting that strange order lincsat is reporting for VMUK HD bouquet, right?

For HD bouquets no but maybe due to regions. On Sky TV guide with North West Yorkshire HD BBC 1 and Channel 4 is SD and rest are HD but with ABM North West Yorkshire HD all are SD.

dsayers
29-05-18, 17:16
Actually got me thinking, Maybe 801 to 804 is for local regions so if one region doesn't have there area in HD it will be in the primary bouquets. Looking at my bouquets for North West Yorkshire in the secondary bouquet I have:

BBC 2 HD = 802
ITV HD = 803

and

BBC 1 HD 115
Channel 4 HD 138

So the way Lincsat wants it is just have 801 to 804 swaps then it wont swap none local HD channels as they are in primary bouquet. That would make sense how Sky are actually doing it.

Huevos
29-05-18, 17:23
This maybe possible with the bouquet regions in conditional swap.No. That is not a route we are going to take. Swap means swap. Always has done, even when there was just one ITV HD channel.

The current list produced in the main and sections bouquets (when swap is disabled) is exactly what the broadcaster is sending. If one area has a different order compared to another area it is because that is what the broadcaster is sending. If one area has a substitute ITV channel, not an equivalent one that is because that is what the broadcaster is sending. It is nothing to do with ABM.

dsayers
29-05-18, 17:31
No. That is not a route we are going to take. Swap means swap. Always has done, even when there was just one ITV HD channel.

The current list produced in the main and sections bouquets (when swap is disabled) is exactly what the broadcaster is sending. If one area has a different order compared to another area it is because that is what the broadcaster is sending. If one area has a substitute ITV channel, not an equivalent one that is because that is what the broadcaster is sending. It is nothing to do with ABM.

Maybe true but looking at the TV guide it doesn't match what ABM scans pull in. Maybe Sky UK are just sending as SD and the official box does the swap if its an HD box. Either way im happy with 1 to 4 HD swaps

lincsat
29-05-18, 17:32
I'll stick with the older files, not perfect but a whole lot better than the new versions.

Doesn't anyone else get the messed up main (HD) bouquet when using VM only.

Huevos
29-05-18, 17:47
Actually got me thinking, Maybe 801 to 804 is for local regions so if one region doesn't have there area in HD it will be in the primary bouquets. Looking at my bouquets for North West Yorkshire in the secondary bouquet I have:

BBC 2 HD = 802
ITV HD = 803

and

BBC 1 HD 115
Channel 4 HD 138

So the way Lincsat wants it is just have 801 to 804 swaps then it wont swap none local HD channels as they are in primary bouquet. That would make sense how Sky are actually doing it.Which would make BBC Two HD a simulcast of BBC Two Eng. Need to record the news and check.

Huevos
29-05-18, 17:55
I'll stick with the older files, not perfect but a whole lot better than the new versions.

I think you are using a mismatch of files.

dsayers
29-05-18, 18:03

Are you using ABM 3.0? a lot of python code has changed.

lincsat
29-05-18, 18:20
Are you using ABM 3.0? a lot of python code has changed.

Yes, I downloaded the latest from the Git

Huevos
29-05-18, 20:27
Yes, I downloaded the latest from the GitFor VM UK HD bouquets the files on github should give you 108, 162, 113, 141, 150 as the first 5 channels. If not something is wrong with the files.

abu baniaz
30-05-18, 01:20
I'm lost. Are we discussing:

Swap for Sky UK
Swap for Virgin UK
Only swapping for ITV HD channels if there is a local HD service for Sky UK
Only swapping for BBC HD channels if there is a local HD service for Sky UK
Only swapping for ITV HD channels if there is a local HD service for Virgin
Only swapping for BBC HD channels if there is a local HD service for Virgin
HD on top for SD Sky regions
HD on top for HD Sky regions
HD on top for Virgin regions
None of the above
All of the above

abu baniaz
30-05-18, 01:31

Not a problem here

Huevos
30-05-18, 08:33
Not a problem hereThanks for the screenshots.

I'm lost. Are we discussing:

Swap for Sky UK
Swap for Virgin UK
Only swapping for BBC HD channels if there is a local HD service for Virgin
HD on top for SD Sky regions
HD on top for HD Sky regions
HD on top for Virgin regions
None of the above
All of the aboveWe seem to discussing it all, and in an incoherent way that has made this thread very confusing.

For the purpose of this thread we can leave the channelsontop discussion behind as Dave's and your screenshots show the channels are in the correct order in the HD bouquets. The only explanation for lincsat not having the same order as you and Dave is that he is not using the same files.

Only swapping for BBC HD channels if there is a local HD service for VirginThis has never been the ABM swap behaviour... but for those that want it we could make a CustomMix file. This would avoid making a dirty workaround in what is currently very clean, non-provider-specific code in bouquetwriter.py.

Huevos
30-05-18, 20:40
Here is a CustomMix file that stops non-simulcast ITV and BBC channels from promoting. Should work for all regions.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

lincsat
31-05-18, 11:10
Just reloaded the latest ABM files from the Git and tried this custommix file. full log from starting the ABM scan is attached, traceback below

< 87756.843> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 87756.843> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 517, in doBuildIndex
< 87756.845> self.manager.save(self.providers, self.dependents)
< 87756.846> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 151, in save
< 87756.846> services, providers[provider_key]["sections"] = Tools().customMix(self.services, provider_key, providers, self.providerConfigs[provider_key])
< 87756.847> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/tools.py", line 221, in customMix
< 87756.848> exec(hacks)
< 87756.848> File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
< 87756.852> KeyError: 0
< 87756.852> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.m ain.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

Huevos
31-05-18, 11:36
@Linksat, I can't replicate your crash. All I can think is you are not using the same files as everyone else.

Please look at the screenshots here: ABM hacks examples (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=471037&viewfull=1#post471037).

lincsat
31-05-18, 17:29
I downloaded from the Git, deleted all the pyo files and copied the .py files to the box and rebooted to compile the new pyo. I'm downloading from here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

Tried it twice now, don't know what's going wrong so given up and gone back to old version.

dsayers
31-05-18, 17:58
Delete ABM folder and uninstall then install IPK from here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56797-ABM-standlalone-installation

abu baniaz
31-05-18, 21:03
No crash for me either.

bbbuk
31-05-18, 21:10
Delete ABM folder and uninstall then install IPK from here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56797-ABM-standlalone-installationIn addition to this, does issue happen if you don't use any custom type .xml at all?

sparkhead
01-06-18, 11:42
Hi all
Firstly, I have a miraclebox premium twin+ plus, openVix, 5.1.027 firmware on virgin. Northwest Eng

Last year virgin moved E4 from channel 144 to 106 but when I swap HD channels E4 stays at 106 and E4HD stays at 145, I think all other HD channels swap. 101 -109 definitely do apart from 106
I know its on a small thing but would be nice to see change over.
Hope this is the right place to post this ?

Thanks

lincsat
01-06-18, 12:09
I downloaded from the Git, deleted all the pyo files and copied the .py files to the box and rebooted to compile the new pyo. I'm downloading from here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

Tried it twice now, don't know what's going wrong so given up and gone back to old version.

Now tried on an unsupported ZGemma box and it works perfectly on that, so looks like the Vu+ solo2 wasn't compiling the Python files properly. I can confirm the no swap hack works OK in both the Humber and E. Mids regions.

dsayers
01-06-18, 14:54
Now tried on an unsupported ZGemma box and it works perfectly on that, so looks like the Vu+ solo2 wasn't compiling the Python files properly. I can confirm the no swap hack works OK in both the Humber and E. Mids regions.

Can you try deleting the providers cache? I have just had the same error after deleting hack in custommix on my Vu+ uno4k

lincsat
01-06-18, 17:58
Can you try deleting the providers cache? I have just had the same error after deleting hack in custommix on my Vu+ uno4k

Always do M8.

I've now added this on my Ultimo4K and that's working OK as well