hi i have vix image installed and just want to know what
in the positioner menu are
calibrate
and
calculate
and what they does

Andy_Hazza
27-05-18, 15:01
Not needed unless your tv is ancient and does not have the Overscan feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
27-05-18, 16:02
@andy is that not like a fine tune on a motorised setup like moving dish slightly for a stronger signal,maybe you are thinking of picture adjusting to fit tv screen?

vimmers
27-05-18, 17:03
yea andys reply sounds strange
and i can't see what my motor should have anything to do with overscan

cactikid
27-05-18, 17:38
Usually when position gets a mention its to do with picture on screen not fitting.
Yours shows like a fine tuning to get a better signal i am thinking.

Andy_Hazza
27-05-18, 18:00
Sorry my bad. I was indeed referring to the picture positioner and not the Motorised positioner. Sorry for any confusion. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timofee
28-05-18, 08:41
Calibrate & Calculate are old enigma2 commands that adjust dish position. They are used in Diseqc2 mode (normally with a vBox positioner). They are not really relevant with USALS motors.

The theory is this. Your dish has gone out of position slightly, you adjust one satellite to the correct position, then using the Calibrate & Calculate command (can't remember which) it should automatically adjust all the other satellites settings in the vBox.

I tried using these commands with a vBox, but I found them confusing, and did not work as expected. So I now never use them and use the vBox remote control (which is easier to understand) to do the same operation.