PDA

View Full Version : Issues with box?

champs4life
21-05-18, 18:26
Hi

Been getting tune failed on working channels especially FTA on satellite some time now.

Any idea if box is faulty or something else?

Cheers.

cactikid
21-05-18, 20:35
have you tried box in a different position or another box in where you have your tm,have you checked kingofsats to see if you have wrong info stored and does box get a daily channel update?

champs4life
21-05-18, 22:11
Cant really put in a different position mate as dish is at front and cables dont go to another room only one. Dont have another box mate, only the one for cost reasons. No update on sat side but think cable does.

cactikid
21-05-18, 23:49
beginning of may channels got moved around,have you tried a fresh scan ?

abu baniaz
21-05-18, 23:56
Take the box to somebody else's house and try on their dish. Not on a sky Q lnb

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

champs4life
22-05-18, 20:44
beginning of may channels got moved around,have you tried a fresh scan ?

Dont think reflash work as no FTA channels work. Just says "tune failed".

Will take to someones house and check. If it works there then means box probably isnt faulty, but then wont know what is wrong then.

cactikid
22-05-18, 21:07
Anything blocking line of sight or could dish have moved anything on signal finder

champs4life
22-05-18, 23:28
Nothing showing at all on signal finder. Just says 0. Which I guess means no signal coming in anymore.

abu baniaz
23-05-18, 01:32
Provided you connect to the correct type of LNB and configure your tuners correctly, testing at another place will prove the receiver is fine.

If it is fine at another location, then your faults will be one of the following:

F-plugs not fitted correctly
Damaged cable. Some damage may not be visible.
LNB faulty
Dish/LNB alignment issue

You will have to test one thing at time. Or pay someone to do it for you.

abu baniaz
05-07-18, 02:31
Just read the 7 page thread on another forum, receiver was tested at another property and works fine.

JonMMM
05-07-18, 16:21
I have a similar problem, this is all on FreeSat, got the Tuner Failed error done a autoscan it found about 30 channels and the (plus a load of sky channels) and the rest of the freesat ones are now greyed out

JonMMM
05-07-18, 16:46
OK so reinstalled Vix ran a backup and everything is now working