PDA

View Full Version : How do I unmount USB device before I remove the USB cable ?

maicod
20-05-18, 23:12
I got a rather pressing and important question. If I want to disconnect my external USB HDD from the Mut@nt I want to be sure it is unmounted. I now press the standby button but I am unsure if the Mut@nt dismounts the device then ? I'd like to unmount without the need of opening an SSH shell (if possible). Any help is very much appreciated.

birdman
21-05-18, 01:43
I now press the standby button but I am unsure if the Mut@nt dismounts the device then ?No, it doesn't. The system is still running.
If you put it into Deep Standby it will be unmounted (as the system is off).

I'd like to unmount without the need of opening an SSH shell (if possible). Any help is very much appreciated.There's an option in the menus.
Setup -> Vix -> Mount Manager.
Select the relevant device then press yellow (Un-mount)

maicod
21-05-18, 02:01
There's an option in the menus.
Setup -> Vix -> Mount Manager.
Select the relevant device then press yellow (Un-mount)

Thanks. That doesn't work on the HD500c I guess ? I'm getting a HD51 but I want to know it for the HD500c as well (how to unmount)

birdman
22-05-18, 00:26
Thanks. That doesn't work on the HD500c I guess ? It should work on any Vix system.
What makes you believe that it doesn't?
I'm assuming that you don't have anything actually using the USB drive at the time (such as writing a debug log to it). That would stop the unmounting.

maicod
22-05-18, 00:37
It should work on any Vix system.
What makes you believe that it doesn't?
I'm assuming that you don't have anything actually using the USB drive at the time (such as writing a debug log to it). That would stop the unmounting.

thats ok, I'm not doing the latter. On the HD500c I'm using openPli 6.1 from 05072018 and the mount manager is hidden deep somewhere in the menus but seems to be only good for network mounts/unmounts and not for unmounting USB devices or am I wrong ?

abu baniaz
22-05-18, 00:48
Put it in deep standby, then disconnect the device.