PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot images

juttyboy
15-05-18, 10:05
Greetings all..

Having finally got my dish set up spot on i was looking to create a multiboot set up...using openvix for general use as the missus likes how it is set up now but i like to tinker and see what other functionallity etc is available....what would be the best way to achieve this...i have looked at openatv,,teamblue etc and would want to have one image set up purely for trying skins,plugins and any other tinkering and one for everyday use

Many thanks for any help

abu baniaz
15-05-18, 11:37
We have not added functionality for multiboot. Even if you were to install another image that has mutiboot and use ViX as an "extra" image, you will be snookered because you cannot select the other image from ViX.

This is a shame as swapping images is very fast.

Openmultiboot plugin works fine, but a bit slower booting.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Sicilian
15-05-18, 11:57
Openmultiboot works well on the Gigablue UHD 4K range.

juttyboy
15-05-18, 12:54
So am i right in assuming that i could put 2 images on but have to reboot between the 2...if so that would be fine for me

Sicilian
15-05-18, 12:57
Yes you can with Openmultiboot.

juttyboy
15-05-18, 17:37
Thanks to everyone.....i love this receiver

Sicilian
16-05-18, 06:47
Thanks to everyone.....i love this receiver

I much prefer the Gigablue UHD UE 4K over the VU+ Uno 4K SE, much better spec imo. The Gigablue UHD Quad 4K is a nice box too.

Andy_Hazza
16-05-18, 08:49
Vu+ still better/quicker at parsing epg data. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
16-05-18, 09:00
Vu+ still better/quicker at parsing epg data. [emoji5]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to what exactly? Defo no quicker than Gigablues at parsing EPG data. Gigablues read the data same way VU's do.

The few machines that parse the data slower is how the data is read from transponders for EPG data. Two different methods, neither is better and both achieve the same results.