PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Mickkie
14-05-18, 18:37
Hi All,

I recently updated to OpenViX 5.1.027, which comes with kernel 4.10.12 and drivers 20180424 and noticed two problems related to waking up from and returning to Deep Standby:

1. When the box wakes up from Deep Standby by a timer to start a recording, the framebuffer switches on too and the front panel shows the channel the tuner is set at the time. If the TV happens to be on, then the program playing at the time is of course visible on TV. With previous OpenViXimages the framebuffer would not start up and the front panel remained switched off.

2. Once the recording is finished the box remains switched on, until it is put into Standby or Deep Standby manually.

Is this a known bug, or do I need to (re)set some setting in the menus?

PS. I used a couch-flash, but can try a USB flash too if needed.

ccs
14-05-18, 18:44
Once every week or 2, my ET10K wakes up from deep standby to record, but does not go back to standby during the recording.

(Most of my timers are set to go to deep standby after recording, and this always works.)

I'm not using 027 yet.

leshay
14-05-18, 20:47
Hi
Somewhat related but quite distinctly different issue with my Power Timer.

In my case, I am getting constant dialogs to say a Timer wants to shut the box down (return to deep st/by) regardless of the box being in use for (sometimes hours).
The Power Timer itself does seem to work OK, by waking up and recording and returning to deep stand by.

Example: box in deep standby (having woken up - recorded - returned to deep st/by), I arrive, start up box, watch live TV and/or watch a recording(s) - sometimes, maybe after several hours, up pops the dialog telling me that a Timer (presumably the latest one) wants to shut box down. If I am not there (making a cup of tea, feeding the cats etc) I can return to find the box has gone back to deep st/by.

I did once report this and was promised a fix, but many updates later, I still have the same issue.

ccs
14-05-18, 20:59
…. isn't that what it's supposed to do, shut down the box if it's not recording or you're not watching a recording?

adm
14-05-18, 22:22
In my case, I am getting constant dialogs to say a Timer wants to shut the box down (return to deep st/by) regardless of the box being in use for (sometimes hours).

Sleep timer????

I have a power timer that puts the box into standby after 3 hours of not touching the remote. (and 10 minutes later another to put it into deep standby). If the remote is used the 3 hour time starts again.

The timer uses the sleep delay command.

The operation of this timer is identical to that leshay is describing in that after 3 hours of not using the remote to change something the timer kicks in with the warning message. The 3 hours is my user configuration.

leshay
15-05-18, 01:01
Hi

My Power Timer is set to go to deep st/by only if in st/by after 10 mins. So what is the connection between that and a dialog popping up after 2 or 3 or 4 hours whatever even if I am watching live TV or a recording?

birdman
15-05-18, 01:09
The Power Timer itself does seem to work OK, by waking up and recording and returning to deep stand by.That would be a Record Timer, not a Power Timer. The pop-up message should (IIRC) say which it is, which might help track down what is happening.

My Power Timer is set to go to deep st/by only if in st/by after 10 mins.Is that the only Power Timer you have? If so, you should never see a prompt from it.

leshay
15-05-18, 02:47
That would be a Record Timer, not a Power Timer. The pop-up message should (IIRC) say which it is, which might help track down what is happening.

Is that the only Power Timer you have? If so, you should never see a prompt from it.

Hi

It is a Power Timer. As above, set to go to deep st/by after 10min only in st/by. The only one I have set up.

OK, the Record Timer wakes the box up, records and goes back to deep st/by (I don't know if it goes back to st/by and then the Power Timer puts it to Deep st/by)

In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down), occurs after such a long time while the TV has been in use, both live TV and watching recordings.

adm
15-05-18, 07:28
Hi

It is a Power Timer. As above, set to go to deep st/by after 10min only in st/by. The only one I have set up.

OK, the Record Timer wakes the box up, records and goes back to deep st/by (I don't know if it goes back to st/by and then the Power Timer puts it to Deep st/by)

In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down), occurs after such a long time while the TV has been in use, both live TV and watching recordings.

Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions? The box has no knowledge that you may still be watching something and is behaving in exactly the way it would if woken up from deep standby, recorded a program and then gone back into deep standby.

I don’t see the same because all my timers are set for “auto” operation after a recording ends. I read the auto instruction as:
i) If the box wakes up from deep standby to record it will return to deep standby afterwards.
ii) If I’m watching TV and a timer recording starts the box will stay operational afterwards to let me continue watching TV.

If the timers have been set for “After event = go to deep standby” that’s exactly what they will do irrespective of what you may be doing with the box.

ccs
15-05-18, 10:54
If the timers have been set for “After event = go to deep standby” that’s exactly what they will do irrespective of what you may be doing with the box.

If there's another recording running, or you're watching a recording, there is no dialogue.

When watching live tv, the dialogue gives you a 2 minute shutting down warning, which you can cancel.

adm
15-05-18, 11:07
When watching live tv, or watching a previously recorded program(?)
the dialogue gives you a 2 minute shutting down warning, which you can cancel.

ccs
15-05-18, 11:11
…. no idea what you mean.

birdman
15-05-18, 18:51
When watching live tv, or watching a previously recorded program(?)The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
Playing back a recording is something it can check, and it assumes someone is watching it.
The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.

birdman
15-05-18, 18:54
In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down)....If it's saying that a recording has finished then it's a Record Timer.

This, from adm, seems to be the likely cause?

Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions?

ccs
15-05-18, 19:08
The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
Playing back a recording is something it can check, and it assumes someone is watching it.
The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.I class "watching tv" as the basic state the box is in when you switch on.
This "state" always goes to deep standby when timers end if that's what you've configured them to do.

leshay
15-05-18, 22:11
The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.

Hi

Well, I would have thought that if it can detect that there have been key presses sent to it that it could conclude the box is 'in use' and cancel any pending calls to shut down.until the next time it finds itself in st/by mode.

If it is getting the request to shut down from a finished Recording Timer, where is that Timer getting that setting from? I mean, the only thing I have done to effect such things is to have the Power Timer to do it.

leshay
15-05-18, 22:13
I class "watching tv" as the basic state the box is in when you switch on.
This "state" always goes to deep standby when timers end if that's what you've configured them to do.

Hi

I haven't explicitly set anything like that - which setting are you referring to?

leshay
15-05-18, 22:16
Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions?

Hi

I am not aware of having changed any settings that could cause Recordings to want to shut the box down?

leshay
15-05-18, 22:23
Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions? The box has no knowledge that you may still be watching something and is behaving in exactly the way it would if woken up from deep standby, recorded a program and then gone back into deep standby.

I don’t see the same because all my timers are set for “auto” operation after a recording ends. I read the auto instruction as:
i) If the box wakes up from deep standby to record it will return to deep standby afterwards.
ii) If I’m watching TV and a timer recording starts the box will stay operational afterwards to let me continue watching TV.

Hi

Well, I have just looked through all upcoming recording timers and every one has the After Event set to Auto. I haven't ever changed/used that setting in the past.

adm
15-05-18, 22:28
Hi

I am not aware of having changed any settings that could cause Recordings to want to shut the box down?

You possibly need to check all the timers for the After Event option setting
If any say go to standby or go to deep standby then this is what you are seeing

adm
15-05-18, 22:34
Hi

Well, I have just looked through all upcoming recording timers and every one has the After Event set to Auto. I haven't ever changed/used that setting in the past.

Have you checked all your Autotimer settings for the same?

leshay
15-05-18, 23:06
Have you checked all your Autotimer settings for the same?

Hi

I don't use auto timers at all so that can't be the cause.

birdman
16-05-18, 03:10
Have you checked all your Autotimer settings for the same?POI. AutoTimers just set Record Timers. The relevant thing would be any Record Timer they set.

birdman
16-05-18, 03:13
Well, I would have thought that if it can detect that there have been key presses sent to it that it could conclude the box is 'in use' and cancel any pending calls to shut down.until the next time it finds itself in st/by mode.It restarts any repeating Power Timer on a key press.
But if you don't press any key for longer than the repeat time the Power Timer will kick in.

However, the message you reported was from a Record Timer, so key presses are irrelevant.

adm
16-05-18, 09:00
POI. AutoTimers just set Record Timers. The relevant thing would be any Record Timer they set.

I'm aware of that.

I only suggested checking autotimers because leshay said he had checked the "upcoming recording timers". If an autotimer was waiting to set something not yet in the EPG for that channel then he may not have seen an upcoming timer with a go to deep standby option in his list.

birdman
16-05-18, 10:33
Hi

Well, I have just looked through all upcoming recording timers and every one has the After Event set to Auto. I haven't ever changed/used that setting in the past.All I can suggest is that the next time it happens, clear the prompt and immediately connect to the box and take a copy of the timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2.
Then post it here.

leshay
16-05-18, 13:58
All I can suggest is that the next time it happens, clear the prompt and immediately connect to the box and take a copy of the timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2.
Then post it here.

Hi

OK, will do.

Mickkie
16-05-18, 16:35
Back to the OP issue, I've downgraded to 5.1.026 and Mut@nt behaves as it should:

1. It wakes up from Deep Standby due to a timer;
2. Remains into Standby while recording;
3. Then goes back into Deep Standby once the recording is finished.

Therefore my problem is caused by some change in the latest OpenViX version, 5.1.027. Where/how should I be reporting this?

Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby. I have not noticed spurious warnings for going back into Deep Standby in circumstances like leshay's, i.e. if I power on the box after stage 3 above. However, I have not set up any cron or power timers at all. Only autotimers. I cannot confirm if this behaviour occurs with 5.1.027 - but I expect not, because the box stays on and does not return to Deep Standby.

leshay
16-05-18, 17:15
Back to the OP issue, I've downgraded to 5.1.026 and Mut@nt behaves as it should:

1. It wakes up from Deep Standby due to a timer;
2. Remains into Standby while recording;
3. Then goes back into Deep Standby once the recording is finished.

Therefore my problem is caused by some change in the latest OpenViX version, 5.1.027. Where/how should I be reporting this?

Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby. I have not noticed spurious warnings for going back into Deep Standby in circumstances like leshay's, i.e. if I power on the box after stage 3 above. However, I have not set up any cron or power timers at all. Only autotimers. I cannot confirm if this behaviour occurs with 5.1.027 - but I expect not, because the box stays on and does not return to Deep Standby.

Hi

That looks like a suitable candidate for me to look out for - I can't recall specifically whether or not my issues followed that pattern,but maybe so. It is a very possible situation that I could have been in, and many days, I know that I must have taken the box out of a st/by which a recording had set.

If that is actually what is happening, then that must be an 'unwanted feature' or, a 'bug' maybe.
I realize from birdman that it is a Recording Timer calling for the shut down, but under the circumstance above, shouldn't the pending shutdown be cancelled when user takes box out of a st/by which was set by Recording Timer wake up?

birdman
16-05-18, 17:38
If that is actually what is happening, then that must be an 'unwanted feature' or, a 'bug' maybe.
I realize from birdman that it is a Recording Timer calling for the shut down, but under the circumstance above, shouldn't the pending shutdown be cancelled when user takes box out of a st/by which was set by Recording Timer wake up?Well, it's certainly the case that if the recording thinks it was a "wakeup to record" and put the box into Standby then if it isn't in Standby at the end there must have been some user-interaction, so it shouldn't do anything.
I'll see what the code says....

birdman
16-05-18, 17:57
Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown.OK.
That does seem to be what the code will do.
The relevant line is:

elif self.afterEvent == AFTEREVENT.DEEPSTANDBY or (wasRecTimerWakeup and self.afterEvent == AFTEREVENT.AUTO):Looks like there should also be a "Screens.Standby.inStandby" check in the parenthetical test as well.

birdman
16-05-18, 18:22
I've submitted a PR to fix it:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/259

ccs
16-05-18, 18:52
Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby.

That's what I want it to do, the last recording of the day goes to deep standby if I've gone to bed.:)

I always wake the box up from "recording in standby" first thing in the evening, and never use, nor need to use, power timers.

I assume that "after event" set to "deep standby" won't be affected by this PR ?

birdman
17-05-18, 03:11
I assume that "after event" set to "deep standby" won't be affected by this PR ?Shouldn't do - it only affects AUTO ones.

Mickkie
18-05-18, 16:00
Shouldn't do - it only affects AUTO ones.

My AutoTimers After Event setting is set at 'Standard' which I think is the default setting and they generate Timers with After Event set at Auto.

I run a couple of experiments (still on 5.1.026) to see what might affect this problem, although I did not enable logging/debugging yet. This is what I observed.

If the tuner is on a channel in the same MUX as that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, then the box wakes up from Deep Standby, goes into Standby, starts the recording, finishes it and returns to Deep Standby. Just as expected.

However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes. Leaving the box on with the disk running and buffering while no one is watching/using it, is not a reasonably expected behaviour.

I don't know if the behaviour is different with Mut@ant boxes with satellite receivers, mine has two terrestrial receivers only. I've only run the above experiment once, after I noticed that the box was not returning to Deep Standby reliably even on version 5.1.026. I'll update again to 5.1.027 to see if there is a difference.

ccs
18-05-18, 16:48
I only have terrestrial tuners on my et10k, the 1st recording of the day is always the local weather forecast (bbc1 sd), which is on a different mux to the wake up channel, which I've got set to be bbc1 hd.

As I said before, this works as expected most of the time.

I'll see if I can spot a pattern, although the shutdown channel mux is unlikely to be the same as bbc1 sd.

birdman
18-05-18, 23:39
However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes.That sounds interesting - thanks. I'll take a look.

Leaving the box on with the disk running and buffering while no one is watching/using it, is not a reasonably expected behaviour.You can set a timeout on the disk spinning (and the default is not "never", IIRC). But I suppose if you have timeshift enabled that won't help...

birdman
19-05-18, 01:11
If the tuner is on a channel in the same MUX as that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, then the box wakes up from Deep Standby, goes into Standby, starts the recording, finishes it and returns to Deep Standby. Just as expected.

However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes.The only thing I can see that would cause the latter behaviour is if the Timer type were set to "zap and record". It would prompt you to go to Standby at the end of the recording, but it would do that regardless of whether it had had to switch mux.

Mickkie
19-05-18, 12:50
The only thing I can see that would cause the latter behaviour is if the Timer type were set to "zap and record". It would prompt you to go to Standby at the end of the recording, but it would do that regardless of whether it had had to switch mux.

I just checked and the timers are set to "record".

I've updated to 5.1.027, run a test with recordings on the same and on different channel/MUX. The box will not return to Deep Standby or Standby no matter what. It's just left running and because I have Timeshift on, the disk keeps spinning no end. So, this can't be right.

ccs
19-05-18, 12:58
I had a problem with going to deep standby ages ago, it was a timeshift setting, although I don't use timeshift.

Maybe this will help.....?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48033-Unable-to-go-into-deep-standby-after-a-recording&p=382915&viewfull=1#post382915

Mickkie
19-05-18, 14:51
I had a problem with going to deep standby ages ago, it was a timeshift setting, although I don't use timeshift.

Maybe this will help.....?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48033-Unable-to-go-into-deep-standby-after-a-recording&p=382915&viewfull=1#post382915

Thanks ccs,

I use Timeshift, but my "Stop timeshift while recording?" has always been set to no.

birdman
19-05-18, 17:13
I've updated to 5.1.027, run a test with recordings on the same and on different channel/MUX. The box will not return to Deep Standby or Standby no matter what. It's just left running and because I have Timeshift on, the disk keeps spinning no end. So, this can't be right.Not all boxes set the flags to say why they woke up. Those that don't don't know that they woke up for a recording.
For the spinning disk, you could always set a Powertimer to shut the box down after <n> mins of inactivity (no key press...). Although if you use the box to watch live TV (I only have terrestrial TV, so just use the TV for that) that could also be annoying.

birdman
19-05-18, 17:32
If the box notices that it has been auto-awoken for a recording. It writes this to the debug log:

[Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.
so conversely if that is not there it won't go to Standby while recoding and won't shutdown at the end.

birdman
19-05-18, 17:35
Not all boxes set the flags to say why they woke up. Those that don't don't know that they woke up for a recording.Actually this might have changed (or I might have always been looking at the wrong thing).
The test seems to be, is the next recording one with "at end" == Auto, and does it start in the next 6 mins.

So if the box wakes up early (which is what usually happens on my MBtwin) it won't go to Standby.

bsod
21-05-18, 07:32
Hi all,

this may be completely off track, but I have been experiencing similar issues for awhile now on my DUO2. The DUO2 has 2 dual tuner DVB-T2 tuners, no satellite. I cant say for sure when it started happening unfortunately, but it does mirror what others have posted here. In pursuing another issue I was having with the WIFI on the DUO2 with a friend who is more Enigma2 knowledgeable than myself, we discovers that my current installed image was missing certain menus, the ones most obvious being under Setup/Network. My image only had Devices and Utilities submenus, and the Utilities sub menu was empty. Given this, and now not knowing how "damaged" the current image had become we decided to do a settings/plugins backup and then do a fresh USB 5.1.027 install. After the fresh install all the menu options were there, however once I restored my settings, they disappeared again, so I re-flashed and have manually set all of my settings and plugins. Since doing this the DUO2 has so far behaved with regards to deep shutdowns after recordings have finished, but manual recordings and via auto-timers. The After Event setting is set to default, no implied shutdowns. Prior to the USB flash update of 5.1.027 I had been doing online updates. I wonder if any of the others having issues have tried a fresh USB flash or if they are missing menu options.

I am still experiencing odd WIFI connection issues, but I will start a seperate thread for that.

Regards,

Craig

adm
21-05-18, 07:55
Hi all,

discovers that my current installed image was missing certain menus, the ones most obvious being under Setup/Network. My image only had Devices and Utilities submenus, and the Utilities sub menu was empty.

One gotcha, which catches a few people out. You have to select "Expert" mode in Menu -> Setup -> System Customise -> Setup mode = Expert
Any other setting and you lose some of the menu settings - and not only in the Network section. From memory, some of AV settings go missing and probably a few more elsewhere.

Possibly having a setting backup with the Setup mode = simple or intermedite results in a the menus items being hidden after a image download followed by a restore of settings. You first need a setting backup with the mode set to Expert.

bsod
21-05-18, 12:46
Hi adm,

Give the man a cigar. Just checked the settings file from a backup and you were right, it was set to simple. It's odd because one of the first things I do is set it to expert, so I am not sure how it reverted. I suppose the obvious explanation is that I did not on this occasion. Must be old age. :(

Sorry to all for the now irrelevant post. Admins, feel free to remove it.

Regards,

Craig

Mickkie
21-05-18, 19:17
If the box notices that it has been auto-awoken for a recording. It writes this to the debug log:

so conversely if that is not there it won't go to Standby while recoding and won't shutdown at the end.

Thanks birdman,

I captured some logs with OpenViX 5.1.026 and 5.1.027. The former shows this in the log:

< 31.572> [TimerSanityCheck] conflict not found!
< 31.572> [Timer] Record RecordTimerEntry(name=Weather for the Week Ahead, begin=Tue May 2
9 00:29:00 2018, serviceref=1:0:19:4484:4084:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:, justplay=0, isAutoTimer=1)
< 31.575> [Timer] Record RecordTimerEntry(name=Daily Politics, begin=Mon May 21 11:59:00 2
018, serviceref=1:0:19:4440:4084:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:, justplay=0, isAutoTimer=1)
< 31.577> [Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.
< 31.578> [ABM-main][AutoBouquetsMakerautostart] AutoStart Enabled
< 31.579> [ABM-main][AutoAutoBouquetsMakerTimer] Schedule Disabled at Mon 21 May 2018 15:12:10 BST
< 31.579> [CrossEPG_Auto] AutoStart Enabled
< 31.581> [CrossEPG_Auto] Schedule Disabled at Mon 21 May 2018 15:12:10 BST
< 31.582> [EPGImport] autostart (0) occured at 1526911930.79
< 31.582> [EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to -1 (now=1526911930)
[snip ...]

< 37.585> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 37.585> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 37.586> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 41.128> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
< 42.552> [eEPGCache] nownext finished(1526912003)
< 46.577> [Navigation] TIMER: now entering standby
< 46.589> [Standby] enter standby
< 46.600> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] stopping thread.
< 46.601> [eDVBRecordFileThread] waiting for aio to complete
< 46.601> [eDVBRecordFileThread] buffer usage histogram (40 buffers of 188 kB)
< 46.601> [eDVBRecordFileThread] 1: 23
< 46.604> [eFilePushThreadRecorder] THREAD STOP

However, the 5.1.027 log does not show any "TIMER:" entries and consequently does not enter into Deep Standby after the recording. It also does not enter into plain Standby during the recording. So it seems to me something was changed between the two OpenViX images to cause this. Is there anything more I should post to help decipher what may be causing this problem?

ccs
22-05-18, 18:47
Well, my ET10k hasn't dropped back to standby for the 1st recording of the day for 4 days now.
It used to nearly always work as expected.

I'm still on 5.1.026, I've switched on debug logs and I'll see what happens next time.

ccs
23-05-18, 18:41
Didn't drop to standby today, no references to "wakeup to standby detected" in debug log, still on 5.1.026.

ccs
24-05-18, 21:25
Didn't drop to standby again today.

Last night's closedown had.....

< 9956.868> set wakeup time to 2018/05/24 18:20
< 9956.868> recordTimerWakeupAuto True

birdman
25-05-18, 00:32
Last night's closedown had.....

< 9956.868> set wakeup time to 2018/05/24 18:20
< 9956.868> recordTimerWakeupAuto TrueThat's usual. It's setting a wake-up timer (on the front panel) to wakeup the box a few minutes before the next timer is due to start.
The problem seems to be around when tat timer gets activated.

ccs
26-05-18, 17:44
The problem seems to be around when the timer gets activated. I tried switching on the et10k 20 minutes before a scheduled timer, and then switched it back to deep standby again.

It woke at 17:36:08 (pc time) and went to standby soon after, and the recording started at 17:40:00.

ccs
26-05-18, 18:17
….. debug log

< 51.680> [Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.
< 53.106> [Navigation] playing 1:0:19:4484:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
< 66.681> [Navigation] TIMER: now entering standby
< 209.109> [Navigation] recording service: 1:0:1:104F:104F:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

ccs
26-05-18, 19:17
Navigation.py:

59 if self.__nextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto and abs(self.RecordTimer.getNextRecordingTime() - now) <= 360:
60 print '[Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.'

I'll take some timings next time it doesn't work.

birdman
26-05-18, 23:21
I tried switching on the et10k 20 minutes before a scheduled timer, and then switched it back to deep standby again.

It woke at 17:36:08 (pc time) and went to standby soon after, and the recording started at 17:40:00.With <20 mins to go to start a recording it will wake up at ~ the correct time even teh fp clock is out by a bit.

My MBtwin rarely recorded in Standby, as it's FP clock ran fast (much better than running slow...) so it often woke up ~30 mins before a recording. At that point the box reckoned it wasn't waking up for a recording.

It would be interesting to know what time (i.e. how far in advance) your box is waking up for recordings which don't get run in Standby, but "should".

ccs
27-05-18, 19:00
After 20 hours in deep standby, today's timer woke up 11 seconds sooner than yesterdays, and didn't go back to standby.

Woke at 17:53:57 (pc time when boot started), and the timer began at 17:58:00.

birdman
27-05-18, 21:21
Woke at 17:53:57 (pc time when boot started), and the timer began at 17:58:00.The code has a 6-minute leeway, so that should have been OK.
The only others things that would disable this (that I can see) are:

the next record timer was not set to "after event" == auto.
the system clock was not yet set when enigma2 started

ccs
27-05-18, 21:58
The code has a 6-minute leeway, so that should have been OK.
The only others things that would disable this (that I can see) are:

the next record timer was not set to "after event" == auto.
the system clock was not yet set when enigma2 started

The timer today happened to have "after event" set to "auto", (not sure why, as I always default autotimers to "deep standby").

Yesterdays (it runs as first timer of the day, every day, Monday-Saturday), the one that "used to work most of the time", is always set to "do nothing".

Mickkie
29-05-18, 12:21
I re-updated to 5.1.027, but instead of flashing a complete image and restoring settings, I used the Software Update in situ. Following this the Mut@nt appears to behave correctly, i.e. it wakes up from Deep Standby and once the recording is completed, it goes back into Deep Standby. So, something may have changed in the overall 027 image that causes this?

If from what you write the system clock is important, should I have this set up via NTP, rather than via the transponder signal? Perhaps it will pick up a time from NTP before the transponder tunes in and this may make a difference.