PDA

View Full Version : VU Images Makers

steve1978
19-05-10, 14:10
Hi,

Thought i would put this little list together of image makers for the VU+ Duo. we can keep this list updated as new image makers come along, hopefully some big players may make more images in the future.

VTI Image - I believe this is a german image, has English support but the forum is mainly in german.
DreamElite - Argubly the "main" player in the image making market at the moment. Have threatened to quit the VU market due to lack of boxes from VU
Open PLI - One of the long term image makers, traditionally the images are not "as complete" as other images. you can be sure images will keep coming from this provider for a long time

If you know of any other providers please post hear and i will check them out and add them to the list.

Thanks

Sicilian
19-05-10, 14:12
Out of interest where have you that Dream Elite have threatened to quit making VU images? Did that statement come direct form them?

OldSkulRide
19-05-10, 14:16
Yes, but they already got more boxes, so no worries.
And i like OpenPLI because its simple and it works fast. And they are updating image almost every day and you can download these updates via box. Great

steve1978
19-05-10, 14:20
Yes they threatened to quit supporting the VU, they said this on their forum, had me worried but there are plenty of owners now so i dont think quitting would be a good option. i think the porting for an image from a 8000 to a VU is a fairly straight forward process, would be interesting to see if there are any tools released in the future for converting (patching) a 8000 image to work on a VU.

I would like to see a VU only team making good images for the VU. i cant edit my posts for some reason, can you eneble that so i can add to this list if in future we get new image makers??

Sicilian
19-05-10, 14:27
Edit button should have a grace period after posting. I'll check it out soon as I get a minute.

I've tested some DM8000 images in multiboot. The main thing that didn't work was the LCD screen, cant remember what else, its been a while. Tbh it most likely a case of a few small tweaks, driver change etc..I read somewhere that the GP2 image multiboots quite well on the Duo. Yes like you say I wouldn't be surprised if some tools come out to tweak Dreambox images to run on the VU+ receivers. Maybe your friend could look at this? ;)

steve1978
19-05-10, 14:30
Lol, yes he could, he has an 8000 but not a VU, i could run tests for him though.

Sicilian
19-05-10, 14:31
Lol, yes he could, he has an 8000 but not a VU, i could run tests for him though.

I'd be up for some testing too :)