PDA

View Full Version : Last check Motorized set up

juttyboy
09-05-18, 13:56
Hello and thanks for a great forum

Just a quick question before i actually fit the dish and wire up
Have read umpteen guides for installing a motorized set up and just wondered if there were any little tips or mistakes that people make that i could avoid before i get stuck in to it
Put the bracket up yesterday but had to stop because of a thunderstorm ( the joys of south west france lol) and now itching to get on with it,set up my gigablue ue 4k last night which absolutely destroys the sky box in functionality and picture quality (even the mother in law commented haha)

Many thanks for any help

abu baniaz
09-05-18, 22:55
I would do the following:

Make sure everything is plumb
Set the angle on teh motor. Do not touch it again.
Install channel list on your receiver, such as Vhannibal's, CiefP's etc.
Send motor to "0" using the controls on the motor.
Set your receiver to use USALS for your dish. Ensure that there is no error with east/west
Select a channel that is on a satellite that is popular for your area, reason being i syou will know roughly which way the dish should point.
Move the whole assembly so that you get signal picture.
Adjust dish angle as best as you can
Tighten up slightly
Select a channel on one extreme. adjust dish/whole assembly
Select channel on opposite extreme. adjust dish/whole assembly

That should be teh dish tracking the arc properly.
Fine tune the installation by selecting weaker signal channels and then adjusting if you can.

When satisfied, tighten up making sure you do not move things.

juttyboy
10-05-18, 07:29
Thanks,,,,,Exactly why i had asked as i forgot the channel list lol....dish is up plumb,motor angle 46,dish about 24
Just the cable run left to do then time to tinker

juttyboy
12-05-18, 17:44
My co ordinates are
Latitude: 46.0517°
Longitude: 0.3394°
can anyone tell me exactly how these should be entered ie 000.339 East 046.051 North or do i have to round up or down

cactikid
12-05-18, 19:00
Now this is turning into a great thread with setting up my old motorised with an e2 box:thumbsup::amen:

juttyboy
13-05-18, 11:49
Getting to the stage where i am tempted to just throw the motor in the bin and stick to astra

abu baniaz
13-05-18, 12:25
You can only enter up to 3 decimal points.
46.052 North
0.339 East (presuming you are east of Greenwich)

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

juttyboy
13-05-18, 12:58
Thanks ...making head way now...having to keep dodging heavy showers...not going to venture too far east or west for now,got the missus bending my ear about watching tv lol ,but getting good signals on 28.2,,19.2..13.0 east so more than happy for now......

juttyboy
13-05-18, 21:38
Finished tweaking for the day,,,picking up over half a dozen sats now ...think i would of had more joy if i could of got the dish i wanted,not impressed with the dish bracket but i will get there