PDA

View Full Version : Sky 2 Channels

bazzg
04-05-18, 19:36
Hi eventual got new image working but only have 2 channels alibi and universal were have i gone wrong and what can i do please? note i have Sky in Front room this is for bedroom so i have dual lnb (two Cables ) into house so have i got setup wrong for i have=Tuner config wrong i have config mode simple>mode single>sat as norm:confused:

cactikid
04-05-18, 20:09
Ok you have a sat box and running 1 feed and have you checked its in the first tuner?
config, mode simple
mode single
sat 28.2

bazzg
04-05-18, 20:16
not sure what you mean the first box is a Sky box the one i need to sort out is a Xtrend 9X00 which i have set at config,mode simple mode single sat 28.2

abu baniaz
04-05-18, 20:25
What exactly about those two channels is wrong?

bazzg
04-05-18, 20:27
nothing this is the only channels i can get nothing else???

abu baniaz
04-05-18, 20:36
nothing this is the only channels i can get nothing else???

So, "nothing is wrong".

If nothing is wrong, what is the problem?

abu baniaz
04-05-18, 21:06
You have two recent threads where people are asking you questions to be clearer. Please reconsider the detail you are providing, it may not be enough.

i have dual lnb

Do you have a Sky Q receiver in the front room?

Is your issue all of a sudden? i.e it was working before and suddenly changed.
When did it last work OK?
What is the last thing to have changed?

cactikid
04-05-18, 21:27
Maybe we should ask if he has sky Q which might not be compatible with other sat boxes?

bazzg
04-05-18, 21:36
i can only get TWO Sky Channels Alibi and Universal and no other Sky channels at all no Sky one no Fox no nothing just the two

bazzg
04-05-18, 21:37
no i have just the sky+ box not sky Q

bazzg
04-05-18, 21:52
it worked ok until sky change and i had old vix image so did new one with recent image but cleared all of when setting up could i do a factory reset and start afresh would this work ??

abu baniaz
04-05-18, 21:54
Describe the hardware fully, there are blank spaces in my understanding.

You said there are only two cables connected to the LNB.

1. Are these two x single cables, (only two connections used on LNB)?
2. or are these two 2 twin cables (four connections used on LNB)?

3. Are you using any splitters in your setup?

4. How many signal wires are connected to the Xtrend?

Please answer all the questions.

Ford1
04-05-18, 23:07
also please confirm how you are getting your channels, abm scan/ manual scan. you knowthat sky one and fox cannot be decoded by card share anymore, do you get ANY other channels ,i.e. FTA such as bbc 1 itv etc?

bazzg
05-05-18, 05:45
1.No
2. Yes two twin Cables two connections on one for front room one for A on Sky+box and one for B on Sky+ box cable into bedroom is the same cable with two one for A and one for B on Xtrend9X00
3. No ? i do have a netgear to send signal so i can use ethernet for connection
4. As above one wire from lnb with two to connect to twin tunner
channels by abm scan i can get FTA bbc1 itv i know sky has cut out some more channels like before as they did with atlantic but do not think it's that mant were as can only get two but surly i be able to get more sky channels they can't be all down and does my fault lie at tuner config like i said what if i do a factory reset for box or would this make no differance

abu baniaz
05-05-18, 05:56
If your tuner config was wrong, ABM would have most likely failed. Your tuner config should be:
Simple, single, Astra 28.2 on both tuners.

Which region did you select in ABM?

Which bouquets have you checked?

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

duoduo
05-05-18, 08:05
Can you try and run tuner scan (Xtrend) using the cables downstairs that are in the sky receiver to rule out any issue with cable upstairs?