PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Recent images for Venton Unibox HDx series. (HD2)

RustySpoons
04-05-18, 02:59
Just looking through the download section, the latest image for this box stops at ViX 4.1, now AFAIK this box is identical to the Miraclebox Twin (Having repaired both models) and the Miraclebox Twin has the latest image available.
Is this just an error and the download URL isn't listed for later versions, or is there a technical reason why it's not available for the Venton HDx series?

Cheers :)

Andy_Hazza
04-05-18, 10:57
No error unfortunately. ViX is not supported for this receiver anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustySpoons
04-05-18, 15:57
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
Is there any reason why it's no longer supported, there are recent images for the Miraclebox Twin which is the same box.

ronand
04-05-18, 16:42
The specs are totally different from what I've seen on the web. The HD2 only has a 400Mhz processor and all those are getting phased out (or already have been). The Twin is a different beast.

RustySpoons
04-05-18, 17:04
The specs are totally different from what I've seen on the web. The HD2 only has a 400Mhz processor and all those are getting phased out (or already have been). The Twin is a different beast.

No the Miraclebox Twin is identical hardware, I've repaired more than I care to mention.

I was bored so I just flashed the Miraclebox Twin firmware to the Venton HD2 and it's working perfectly, the only thing now it says it has a Miraclebox on the boot logo and it says Miraclebox in the OS, but that doesn't really matter tbh.

RustySpoons
04-05-18, 17:06
Double posted for some reason, please delete.

Sicilian
09-05-18, 08:48
Venton support was stopped for various reasons, but yes on the HD2 you should be able use the Miraclebox Premium Twin image, should be fine.

d2mac
12-05-18, 12:23
I wonder if Venton HD3 would be close enough to flash Miraclebox (Ultra?) image and how to make Venton to accept a 'wrong' image?

Sicilian
12-05-18, 12:52
I wonder if Venton HD3 would be close enough to flash Miraclebox (Ultra?) image and how to make Venton to accept a 'wrong' image?

No, you will brick your box. The Miraclebox Premium Twin image MIGHT work.