View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] couple of channels no epg

Richy-G
27-01-11, 09:40
I have 2 channels I dont get epg for comedy central+1 , universal

I use rytec uk with cross epg on vix 1.3 image , reloaded a few times

I do have a swap file created and this is the only epg source I use

Ojustaboo
27-01-11, 11:31
I continually have problems with those two. Only those two.

Changing the source from rytec UK to satmate fixes it, but sometimes (every few weeks or so) for some reason Satmate doesn't update all my channels and I have to swap back again for a few days.

pooface
27-01-11, 11:34
I have 2 channels I dont get epg for comedy central+1 , universal

I use rytec uk with cross epg on vix 1.3 image , reloaded a few times

I do have a swap file created and this is the only epg source I use

Really, you should only be using 1 or the other... Not both. Or, do you mean you're using crossepg to download the rytec data?

I use crossepg to download the epg for 28.2 via satellite (not download), however, I get epg data for both those channels... So my guessing is, that you're just downloading the rytec epg data... Or, your channel list is not fully up to date. Do a scan of the 28.2e satellite. You may loose some of your current channels in bouquets if they are not available any more ... so take a backup just so you can restore if you really need to...

If you still don't have any epg data afterwards, then get the channel info and report it to rytec ... then he can add the data :)

Ojustaboo
27-01-11, 12:12
So do I need to rescan if I'm constantly updating my settings with silverfoxes settings (ie every tiime he updates them)?

Thanks

pooface
27-01-11, 12:57
So do I need to rescan if I'm constantly updating my settings with silverfoxes settings (ie every tiime he updates them)?

Thanks

You shouldn't need to... It might just be that satmate hasn't updated his settings, so has not received the data for the channels you are using, and that rytec hasn't got the correct id for the channel either...

Richy-G
27-01-11, 22:27
Really, you should only be using 1 or the other... Not both. Or, do you mean you're using crossepg to download the rytec data?

I use crossepg to download the epg for 28.2 via satellite (not download), however, I get epg data for both those channels... So my guessing is, that you're just downloading the rytec epg data... Or, your channel list is not fully up to date. Do a scan of the 28.2e satellite. You may loose some of your current channels in bouquets if they are not available any more ... so take a backup just so you can restore if you really need to...

If you still don't have any epg data afterwards, then get the channel info and report it to rytec ... then he can add the data :)

yeh I meant using cross epg to dl rytec data. I'll try scanning 28.2 again and get back to you, thanks

pooface
28-01-11, 00:18
yeh I meant using cross epg to dl rytec data. I'll try scanning 28.2 again and get back to you, thanks

I would guess rytec doesn't have the correct channel data... Check what the service refs are for the channels you have probs with, post it, and rytec will add it ;)

Richy-G
29-01-11, 14:32
I would guess rytec doesn't have the correct channel data... Check what the service refs are for the channels you have probs with, post it, and rytec will add it ;)

ok thanks m8 which particular service refs do I need , and how do I grab them db edit?