PDA

View Full Version : im going to smash it up

hector_nicol
27-01-11, 00:48
hi all

please can someone help. i got my duo on tuesday and have left it until today to attempt loading an image, ive try open pli vix vti blackhole and all look as if they have loaded but hang on the opening screen, with the exception of the latest original image(5.5 i think). ive unplugged my usb hard drive and sat cables and network just incase it had anything to do with them, the only thing im unsure of is when i pull out my usb pen im flicking the switch at the back to reboot, is that how you are meant to reboot(thats how i did the original image reboot), and as expensive as it was i feel like doing what i said in the title
all help appreciated

hector

ps my apologies for posting in the download section

charliesen
27-01-11, 01:17
You shouldn't have to reboot after installing an image mate.
Have you tried pressing the ok button when its hanging ? i've had this a couple of times when rebooting and it just goes to a channel.

sonc
27-01-11, 01:31
Have you loaded a settings file, i.e. channel list? Or scanned in some satellites? Did you follow the guide?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies

Lewiscc
27-01-11, 02:01
yip ...... if there's no channels ..... it'll stay on the "loading enigma 2" screen

leecovuk
27-01-11, 03:02
If you're flashing using VuUtil (must be an .nfi image), wait for its flashing progress to say 'Complete flashing all', then click 'disconnect', then click 'exit'. Then switch your receiver off at the rear switch then on again.

If you're flashing via USB stick (must be a USB image with the correct folder structure on the stick), remove the stick when the receiver's front display tells you to. Then switch your receiver off at the rear switch then on again.

Using either method, then wait for up to 2 minutes for it to boot and stabilise. It is slower than you might expect.
When the 'infobar' appears at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, the box is stable and booted.
Don't be confused by the 'loading enigma2' screen. Ignore it and just look for that infobar to appear and disappear as your hint of a successful flash and boot.

hector_nicol
28-01-11, 00:57
many thanks for the replies
i did eventually get a pli to load from usb. (not got as far as learning to ftp yet)it must have bn the no channels added that stopped it from working although i didnt add any to the one that worked.
is it possible to load channels in thru usb after loading usb image? or is it best to learn the ftp method. ive a million questions to ask but will take it 1 step at a time so as to let it sink in to my badly melted brain
if usb channel loading is possible any pointers to a gd step by step for the dumbest of dummies would be appreciated. ive got vucc by lee someone but that looks daunting and will ask about it later

once again thanks and will no doubt nd your expertise sooner rather than later

hector

leecovuk
28-01-11, 02:20
is it possible to load channels in thru usb after loading usb image?
I'm not an expert myself, but as far as I know, no, that isn't possible.

You can load up a channel list by installing a 'bouquet' from Plugins within the image. None of those pre-made bouquets will be totally up to date or perfect for you, but they are a good starting point.
Then make sure you go into 'Setup', 'Service Searching' and set up a tuner so that you have the correct satellites available for your set up.

You can also edit your channel list in external programs such as Dreamboxedit or Dreamset. They use ftp to transfer the list to and from the receiver. Initially I found it hard to work out to use them because it is difficult to find much documentation on anything, so you might want to research that and also post a new topic asking for any specific advice.

Just to add a little about connecting to external editors although again, I am not an expert;

I have my Vu+ Duo connected via ethernet cable to my Netgear router. That router is my ADSL gateway. The router is also connected to my pc via ethernet cable.
When I use something like Dreamboxedit on my pc to communicate with the Vu+ Duo, it communicates through the router. ie I have a little home network.
The settings in Dreamboxedit or Dreamset require the IP address of the Vu+ Duo and also its root login and password. I think the default root login is simply
root
with a blank password.

VUCC (Vu+ Control Centre) is an interface to a selection of external programs which are bundled with it. I only use it when I want to ftp something to or from the receiver. It uses Filezilla for ftp, which of course you or I could simply download and use without the VUCC.
Again, the receiver's IP address and root login and password are required.

The receiver's IP address can be found in the Vu+ Duo under 'Setup', 'System', 'Network', 'Adaptor Settings'. If you're using DHCP then the IP address is automatically selected, so be aware it might not always remain the same.

notanotherone
29-01-11, 17:39
youve done the hard prt nate well done ,you can even get into your box using DCC and Deambox edit which will allow you to create bouquets and all that .once you ahve imge you should do a scan to get service files