PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing my purchase

juttyboy
30-04-18, 21:41
Evening all

Just about to pull the trigger on a motorized set up and was looking for any recommendations from the knowledgeable members here

Decided on a 97 cm dish etc ,gigablue uhd receiver ,,wanted to know if anyone thinks its worth getting a unicable lnb or leave it as standard

Also what satellite should i use as a reference for set up as i am now located in western france and i dont think i can pick up .8w

Many thanks :)

Sicilian
30-04-18, 21:51
I'd recommend to leave the LNB standard. Unicable LNB isn't ideal for a motorised setup. Setting the FBC tuners would be very ticky imo.

Sorry not sure on the dish alignment in your location.

juttyboy
30-04-18, 21:57
Thanks for that

will be firing off the order in the morning and just try it out from there ,with copious amounts of tweaking lol

Sicilian
30-04-18, 21:58
Thanks for that

will be firing off the order in the morning and just try it out from there ,with copious amounts of tweaking lol

Enjoy, someone more experienced with installs here may be able to answer your alignment question. I always use an engineer, loose my patience aligning stuff :D

juttyboy
30-04-18, 22:03
Any so called engineers around here seem to beat a hasty retreat as soon as you mention motorized haha
I would of been happy with 1080P but know i would change it a few months down the line

juttyboy
01-05-18, 16:16
Order dispatched,,,,now just have to wait for it all to arrive......Least it gives me a few more days to research :cool: