PDA

View Full Version : Edision Primo IP S2 - Stream to VLC PC - How To (Possibly Mac & Linux too?)

RustySpoons
30-04-18, 21:10
A quick guide on how to Stream TV from your Edision Primo IP S2 to your PC.
Some of you may already know how to do this, I was just playing around with the box and thought I'd type this up.

If it's not already installed install VLC, then open it:

From VLC go to "View" then "Playlist" Or press Ctrl + L

On the left hand side select "Universal Plug'n'Play" - Accept any dialogue boxes that may pop up.
(Windows users MAY need to change their network from Private to Public and enable network discovery if this box is not showing on the right hand side)

Double click the folder called MS (with the Edision IP address)

Double click the LiveTv Folder, be patient as it might take a while to load all the channels:

You should now see a list of all your channels. Just double click the one you want to watch and it should start playing :)
I just picked a random channel for this example:

Also under the Media Folder, there is a Record Folder, in here you can watch your recorded programmes :)

Sicilian
30-04-18, 21:46
Thank you for guide, made a stickey :thumbsup:

ccs
01-05-18, 09:54
(Windows users MAY need to change their network from Private to Public and enable network discovery if this box is not showing on the right hand side)
Is this advisable/required?

RustySpoons
01-05-18, 14:58
Is this advisable/required?

Sometimes Windows cannot detect shares on the network, such as DLNA if it's not set to Private, I wrote it the wrong way around in the guide so will edit it.
Ideally a home PC should be set to Private, unless it's something like a laptop you use on Public WiFi.