PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got flat picons for 28.2?

dnme
27-01-11, 00:40
I was wondering if anyone has a collection of flat picons for Astra 28.2 UK/Ireland channels? Or maybe icons with just a 1 or 2 pixel bevel?

All the ones I have seen so far have massive bevels on em making em look like they came from the Windows 3.1 era. They just look awful IMO.

Many thanks if you can point me in the right direction

judge
27-01-11, 00:46
looking for those too... if you find them, please post a link.

Larry-G
27-01-11, 00:57
try the ones that SGTFlipFlop releases, there far less pronounced than the licher ones every one else tend to go for.

dnme
27-01-11, 01:28
Yea thanks phoenix, they are pretty decent. His thread is here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2638-SGTFlipFlop-sky-uk-28.2-picons), goto last post for most recent

canthackit
27-01-11, 18:58
I was wondering if anyone has a collection of flat picons for Astra 28.2 UK/Ireland channels? Or maybe icons with just a 1 or 2 pixel bevel?

All the ones I have seen so far have massive bevels on em making em look like they came from the Windows 3.1 era. They just look awful IMO.

Many thanks if you can point me in the right direction

i've got flat 'uns but they're quite old date 25/2/2010 by SayyiD i prefer the lamenated type so don't use flat 'uns, if your interested i can upload them for you.

regards: canthackit

dnme
28-01-11, 18:12
Thanks canthackit, I'm fine for the moment, will keep you in mind though.

How are picons made? It can't be a case of individuals creating them all from scratch in some graphics editor can it?

Larry-G
29-01-11, 14:01
Thanks canthackit, I'm fine for the moment, will keep you in mind though.

How are picons made? It can't be a case of individuals creating them all from scratch in some graphics editor can it?

Pretty much yes. Individual picons makers take a stock image and tweak it to fit their tastes. Such as licher does with his picons sets.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk