PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] CI+ and smartcard deaders in ViX

tappari
27-04-18, 15:28
I have two cards in my Ultimo 4K. One in smartcardreader using oscam and another in CI+ reader.
If I start recording from sd-pay-tv channel that normally opens with oscam ViX for some reason dedicates CI+ reader so that I cannot use it for linked HD channels.
A bit disturbing thing since OpenATV image does not do the same.

ccs
27-04-18, 15:40
I don't think ViX supports CI+ due to licensing issues.

tappari
27-04-18, 15:59
I don't think ViX supports CI+ due to licensing issues.

What do you mean with licensing issues? I think German law is more strict when it comes to CI+ descrambling than English law.

Sicilian
27-04-18, 16:07
CI+ requires CI+ licensing.

ccs
27-04-18, 16:08
What do you mean with licensing issues? I think German law is more strict when it comes to CI+ descrambling than English law.
Came from here....

No Enigma 2 receiver officially supports CI+ due to licensing issues.

tappari
27-04-18, 16:16
CI+ requires CI+ licensing.

Of cource my cards have CI+ licensing. That`s why I pay for those.

Sicilian
27-04-18, 16:18
Of cource my cards have CI+ licensing. That`s why I pay for those.

OpenViX nor any other Enigma2 image I know of has a CI+ licence. CI+ was removed from OpenATV due to licencing.

tappari
27-04-18, 17:03
OpenViX nor any other Enigma2 image I know of has a CI+ licence. CI+ was removed from OpenATV due to licencing.

As far that I know Ci+ works very nice with ATV image.

uh7600
28-04-18, 17:53
As far that I know Ci+ works very nice with ATV image.

Yes. Ci+ works very nice with ATV image. That's why I switched to OpenATV.

Micci
29-04-18, 17:26
I for one would rather not switch to OpenATV. Instead, I'd like to see the issue fixed in ViX. It is a bug and it should be fixed.

Sicilian
29-04-18, 17:31
It’s not a bug, we do not have a ci+ licence and we have intention of getting sued by CI+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micci
29-04-18, 17:59
I don't think it's a CI+ thing per se, but more like a bug in the Common Interface assignments. If I start a recording on a service that's *not* assigned to the Common Interface, it still hijacks the Common Interface.