PDA

View Full Version : bad signal on miracle box

chocco
26-04-18, 17:34
hi
can anyone help i have a problem with some of my channels a lot work fine but some just break up with bad snr, but i just touch coaxial port and cable with my finger just resting on it the channels work. i am not moving the connection at all i have tried new cables but this dosnt work could there be a problem with the box its self.

thanks in advance chocco:confused:

Ashley69
26-04-18, 17:42
Could be a badly seated tuner.

Is the box still under warranty? If not check the tuner yourself.

Sicilian
26-04-18, 17:52
MB Micro is a fixed tuner.

Sound more like an issue with the feed. I'd start with checking the F connector on the coax, make sure you there's no short.

Ashley69
26-04-18, 18:30
Sorry. I had it my head they were plug and play. :o

Sicilian
26-04-18, 18:39
Sorry. I had it my head they were plug and play. :o

Some Miraclebox's where plug and play, the Micro has a fixed tuner.

chocco
26-04-18, 19:00
i have changed leads and as i said if i just touch cable as it goes into box it works as if i am earthing it out with my finger so really confused as what to do is the cable feed going in soldered down could that be what it is ?

adm
26-04-18, 19:12
i have changed leads and as i said if i just touch cable as it goes into box it works as if i am earthing it out with my finger so really confused as what to do is the cable feed going in soldered down could that be what it is ?

Soldered? I assume this is a F connector for satellite which isn't soldered.

Are you using pre-made leads or are you making your own? Are you screwing the F plug tightly into the socket at the back of the box?

Fitting of an F plug is shown in the following link

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

ignore the advice about using grease

Sicilian
26-04-18, 19:22
Be careful not to over tighten f connector on box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chocco
26-04-18, 19:35
hi dosnt have f plug connection it has a female coaxial connection

Sicilian
26-04-18, 19:37
hi dosnt have f plug connection it has a female coaxial connection

Check your f connector to rf adapter if you’re using one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chocco
26-04-18, 19:43
i am not using rf adapter it has a plate on wall with female coaxial so i am using male to male lead i have changed lead coaxial plate and checked f connector at vm lead in point so at a loss as what to do next

chocco
26-04-18, 19:47
it does seem odd that if i touch the connection it clears but sam not putting any pressure on it just touch with a finger tip

adm
27-04-18, 08:11
i am not using rf adapter it has a plate on wall with female coaxial so i am using male to male lead i have changed lead coaxial plate and checked f connector at vm lead in point so at a loss as what to do next

Is this cable TV from a cable supplier or terrestrial TV via and aerial?

If the former how many ways it the incoming cable split and how?
Has any box previously worked correctly in the same location or is this a new installation?

Poor signals and picture breakup can occur if local interference is getting into a fly-lead that is not 100% screened. Have you got any other electrical equipment close to the cable. As a test when you get picture breakup try turning off and nearby equipment.

chocco
29-04-18, 17:29
box has been in same room for a year and has just started playing up renewed leads still same problem will change splitter next this is a 4 way but now only
y connected to one cable

cactikid
29-04-18, 17:34
is it a 5-1000mhz one