PDA

View Full Version : Recording, what are all thjose files

dnme
26-01-11, 23:20
When I record something on my VU+ Duo, I get several files. Apart from the movie file (.ts), can anyone explain to me what the following files are and how they are used?

yourfilename.eit
yourfilename.ts.ap
yourfilename.ts.cuts
yourfilename.ts.mets
yourfilename.ts.sc

Many thanks

pooface
26-01-11, 23:48
When I record something on my VU+ Duo, I get several files. Apart from the movie file (.ts), can anyone explain to me what the following files are and how they are used?

yourfilename.eit
yourfilename.ts.ap
yourfilename.ts.cuts
yourfilename.ts.mets
yourfilename.ts.sc

Many thanks

Can't remember fully, as been a while since I looked in to it.

The .cuts file, is exactly that, tells the box where cut points have been put (and program start/finish). The meta data is to give info on the file. i.e. channel recorded from, time recorded, program name, description etc etc. eit stands for "event information table", and I believe it gives similar data to the meta file. ap and sc files are used for seeking through a recording (ff/rw) and when using moviecut software (alongside the .cut file)...

hth :)

dnme
27-01-11, 00:26
Thanks pf, but I dont understand cuts. what cuts? When I record a half hour of TV, I dont make any cuts, and even if I did - how would I do this? Can anyone explain

judge
27-01-11, 00:29
just discovered this today, the .cuts file is created if you stop viewing the recording at any stage.
Next time you go to view it, a menu pops up asking if you want to view from last position (cut) or the start.

dnme
27-01-11, 00:37
aha, thanks judge, stupid name then really, should be called .pos

judge
27-01-11, 00:48
agree, they might be created by other processes or plugins too? but that's what I've found so far.

pooface
27-01-11, 07:03
agree, they might be created by other processes or plugins too? but that's what I've found so far.

Indeed. Use the cutlist editor plugin... you'll find the cuts it makes are stored in the file...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z