mrbeach
24-04-18, 14:53
EPG will not update anymore .
Have asked to update 04:20 AM
But this has stopped working now
Has worked earlier

cactikid
24-04-18, 17:08
Do rytec providers need updating first and where is the epg going to?

abu baniaz
24-04-18, 17:27
You are wasting your time downloading at 04:20. The EPG you download will always be a day behind. Best to download after 06:00 GMT.

There should be a log file in /etc/epgimport/
It will tell you the error

mrbeach
24-04-18, 22:47
You are wasting your time downloading at 04:20. The EPG you download will always be a day behind. Best to download after 06:00 GMT.

There should be a log file in /etc/epgimport/
It will tell you the error

What's the difference if I'm downloading 04:20 or 06:00
It has worked in the past. and it works if I manually retrieve with "yellow button"

abu baniaz
24-04-18, 22:59
Two different paragraphs.

Paragraph one: If you want to download stale data, up to you. Personally I'd wait the 1h 40 mins and get today's upload instead of yesterday's upload.

Paragraph two: What does the log file say about the failure?

mrbeach
25-04-18, 09:09
Two different paragraphs.

Paragraph one: If you want to download stale data, up to you. Personally I'd wait the 1h 40 mins and get today's upload instead of yesterday's upload.

Paragraph two: What does the log file say about the failure?

Today it works.
If it dont work tomorrow i send logfile.

malcolmp
25-04-18, 11:29
Why don't you download it manually? It runs in the background for approx. five minutes. When I used it try to download it automatically, I was forever having problems. Now I run “remove epg”, “crossepg” then “epg importer”. I might be doing this wrong but now the box behaves itself and I have a full week’s EPG every day.

mrbeach
25-04-18, 15:58
Why don't you download it manually? It runs in the background for approx. five minutes. When I used it try to download it automatically, I was forever having problems. Now I run “remove epg”, “crossepg” then “epg importer”. I might be doing this wrong but now the box behaves itself and I have a full week’s EPG every day.

What is the difference between rytec and crossepg?

abu baniaz
25-04-18, 16:27
@malcomp
Do not use CrossEPG downloader and EPG importer together. There will always be an error about corrupt EPG data. If you are using Rytec's EPG data, forget CrossEPG. Just use EPG importer.

EDIT:
(This is probably why you are having to remove EPG)

abu baniaz
25-04-18, 16:43
What is the difference between rytec and crossepg?

EPG Importer plugin:
This only downloads EPG data from the internet. This EPG data is uploaded by the Rytec team. This is mainly Doglover on the PLi forum.
For this to work, there needs to be a constant maintenance of the channel service references.

You can call this EPG data "Rytec EPG"

CrossEPG Downloader:
CrossEPG downloader can do two main things-

It can download EPG date from the satellite for Sky UK, Sky Italy and Austech. There is no need for an internet connection. These are called OpenTV EPG providers.
It can also download the "Rytec EPG". These are called XMLTV EPG providers.

If you are using any Rytec EPG, you are better off forgetting CrossEPG downloader. The EPG is always rejected when you use both together.

malcolmp
25-04-18, 20:40
Ok, will do. Thanks

malcolmp
25-04-18, 20:46
@malcomp
Do not use CrossEPG downloader and EPG importer together. There will always be an error about corrupt EPG data. If you are using Rytec's EPG data, forget CrossEPG. Just use EPG importer.

EDIT:
(This is probably why you are having to remove EPG)

Ok, will do, thanks