PDA

View Full Version : 2 VU+ Recievers remote problems

dpullen87
17-04-18, 11:26
I have just purchased a VU+ Zero 4k from sponsor to go alongside a solo 2, the zero will be hooked up to motorised dish and solo 2 fixed sky dish.

Problem I'm having is the remote doesn't know how to differentiate between the two receivers and issues commands to both, I've tried with my harmony and the same happens. I press power on and both come on etc.

Are there any work arounds for this scenario?

Big
17-04-18, 11:30
I have just purchased a VU+ Zero 4k from sponsor to go alongside a solo 2, the zero will be hooked up to motorised dish and solo 2 fixed sky dish.

Problem I'm having is the remote doesn't know how to differentiate between the two receivers and issues commands to both, I've tried with my harmony and the same happens. I press power on and both come on etc.

Are there any work arounds for this scenario?

Stick insulation tape over the “eye” on whichever receiver you are not using. Not elegant but should work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trial
17-04-18, 11:41
Hi,
VUs have 4 dirrent IR "languages" you can set each box to a different "language" with the plugin RemoteControlCode and then program the remote also to these codes. Details are in the manual.

ciao

dpullen87
17-04-18, 12:34
Excellent thanks, I've cheked the manual and it details how to change the reciever but not how to change the remote to the new code?

dpullen87
17-04-18, 15:25
Thanks for your help Trial, on screen instructions are provided when changing the remote code.