PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Harmony 650 - Archive button?

leshay
13-04-18, 18:05
Hi

New Harmony 650 user.

So far, I seem to have all the 'usual' functions working on this remote, except for Archive. There doesn't seem to be possible to bring up the Recorded program list.

It seems a bit crazy to me that such a remote wouldn't have some provision for accessing a recording list on a PVR.

Had a brief look through the button setup for the remote via the Windows software,but am still at a loss to set up a button to list the recordings.

I have had a look through forum from a search for posts with Harmony 650 and so far haven't found anything relevant.

Seems quite a few forum members are using this remote, I would appreciate some pointers for this.

slingshot90
13-04-18, 18:12
You need to add either PVR or LIST to a button on the remote. I used one of the top buttons next to the display.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

leshay
13-04-18, 18:46
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

OK, using the Desktop software, 'learned' the 'Archive' command - all seemed to go fine - message said command learned and ready to be assigned. Used the Button setup to assign the new Archive command to - initially the 'channel back' button - didn't work. Tried again using the 'E' button - no response. Tried again using the Info button - got an on screen message 'the DreamPlex plugin is not installed.

I don't even know what 'DreamPlex' is, and am sure it wouldn't be needed for this.

Any other suggestions.

ccs
13-04-18, 18:54
You can't be far off now, I've always used "previous channel" to get to recordings, whatever the box.

When you've learned a new command, you then need to assign it to the button you want it to use.

leshay
13-04-18, 19:00
You can't be far off now, I've always used "previous channel" to get to recordings, whatever the box.

When you've learned a new command, you then need to assign it to the button you want it to use.

Hi
Yes, as per my last post, tried assigning to various buttons, then used Sync though nothing actually said to use Sync. So far, still no Archive active on remote.

ccs
13-04-18, 19:04
Sync usually changes colour (green?) when changes have been detected that need downloading to the remote.

leshay
13-04-18, 19:19
Hi
Just noticed this. When first setting up online, I entered GigaBlue for manufacturer and Quad Plus for model. I now notice that this has been changed to GigaBlue HD 800 Quad Plus.

Tried deleting that device and rebuilding on the website - was changed again. I wonder if (they) are suggesting the remotes are same?

ccs
13-04-18, 21:07
The command you "learned" from the remote should work irrespective of the box harmony thinks you're using.

If you can't find the exact model (or one with the same remote codes), just learn all the commands, it doesn't take long.

leshay
13-04-18, 21:35
Hi
Made a little headway. I suspect that when learning the Archive code from original remote, I may have kept the button pressed long enough to learn a 'long' press. I have now re-learnt it with just a 'click' press and can now get it to work. Now, all I think I need is jump to last/next marker (the <> keys) - I suppose I would use the E and .+ keys for those.
Unless I have forgotten something, I think that would cover all my usual keys I use.
Thanks for the help.

On a separate point: I have to say I do NOT like this remote. The keys are too small and too 'slippery' for me (I know there is limited real estate available) I will persevere with it for the moment though.

adm
13-04-18, 21:44
Hi
Just noticed this. When first setting up online, I entered GigaBlue for manufacturer and Quad Plus for model. I now notice that this has been changed to GigaBlue HD 800 Quad Plus.

Tried deleting that device and rebuilding on the website - was changed again. I wonder if (they) are suggesting the remotes are same?

On the Harmony PC Software the box is listed in the satellite reciever section. When you enter Quad Plus as the model it may fill in the box with the wrong model but the box with the model number has a pull down selection setting where you can then select your box.

leshay
13-04-18, 22:35
On the Harmony PC Software the box is listed in the satellite reciever section. When you enter Quad Plus as the model it may fill in the box with the wrong model but the box with the model number has a pull down selection setting where you can then select your box.

Hi
Where would I find the Satellite Receiver section - I don't seem to have that?

I have a drop down in the first box for the GigaBlue portion, but no drop down for the model at all - regardless of what I start to enter.

I have attached 2 images: first shows both the boxes filled in and ready to proceed o next screen and second is result of clicking the ADD button on first screen.

t5659256593

adm
14-04-18, 00:10
Hi
Where would I find the Satellite Receiver section - I don't seem to have that?

I was looking in older Harmony software installed perhaps 10 years ago on my old laptop. The PC software was seriously bad in that nothing was intuitive and it was hard work setting up a remote.

Having downloaded the software you seem to be using you have my sympathy - Harmony have re-written their rubbish to make it worse!

If I enter QUAD PLUS in my older software it defaults to HD 800 Quad Plus (with the option to change it to HD Quad Plus). If I enter HD Quad Plus the older software defaults to HD Quad Plus with no other options.

This suggests that if you enter "HD Quad Plus" in the current software you will probably end up with the correct code.

And trying this in the new software it seems to work - see images

If the mapping on your 650 remote is similar to the mapping of my box on a 600 remote the LIST (Archive in Toppy/Mystuff terms) button may be on one of the pages of the display. You can move the most used functions to the first page.

leshay
14-04-18, 13:50
Hi

Thanks all.

I have made good progress here.

After giving myself a strict talking to, I stopped sending long key presses to a learned command and everything seems to be fine now.

The one possible exception may be the Deep st/by versus st/by - which I have yet to test out properly.

I have tried out the HD Quad Plus versus HD 800 Quad Plus, and they seem much the same to me, neither offering a Recording List in the default key functions as such - but learned commands serve for this.

I have stuck with the HD 800 Quad Plus device as I had it already set up.

leshay
16-04-18, 11:18
Hi

Turning to the forum once again for some help.

As I mentioned, the last thing I needed to sort out was the Deep st/by for the Harmony. As I said, I am having trouble with this function. It doesn't matter what I try to get that function 'learned', nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else managed to get the Deep st/by function to work on their Harmony?

adm
16-04-18, 11:36
An alternative would be to set up a Power Timer on your box that puts it into deep standby after being in standby for X minutes.

You then put your box into standby with the hamony and a little later the box automatically goes to deep standby.

leshay
16-04-18, 11:46
Hi

Yes, I do already have such a timer set up, but figured that someone somewhere had managed to get the discrete Deep st/by function set up on their Harmony.

ccs
16-04-18, 12:42
You can remap the function of buttons from within ViX (user interface, I think).

So you can define long power toggle to go to deep standby.

I found with my harmony remote that some long key presses couldn't be defined, they just repeated, so it's a bit hit and miss.

I ended up defining F1 on the box remote to go to deep standby, and then mapped a key press on the harmony to F1.

leshay
16-04-18, 13:14
Hi

Well then. Intending to try out the key mapping solution, what could be easier? Not for me!

Using the Menu => SetUp => User Interface => Button SetUp, I can't scroll through the list as regardless of key presses, I just get the setup for the first in the list (or, more specifically, for Down key). Tried using both the new Harmony remote and the original remote - both same result. Tried WebIF, but no key mapping option available. Not my day by the look of things. :)

NOTE: the first use of the option, it did scroll down but stopped at the Down key and from then on,all attempts produced the above result.

ccs
16-04-18, 13:36
You need to press the key you want to change (not down arrow), I think it says something to that effect.

It's not the easiest interface to work your way thru', just be careful!!

Try long press power toggle on the original remote, and then select power options (not sure of the exact wording).

leshay
16-04-18, 14:35
Hi

Thanks for that - I should read the instructions :)

It appears to work fine using your suggested method,but, I think I will stick with the St/By option as the Deep St/By brings up that horrible 'Are you sure ....' message even though nothing is being recorded, nor any scheduled recording within next couple of hours. (that message has always and continues to bug me)

At least now I do have the Deep St/By 'learned' by the Harmony.

ccs
16-04-18, 14:43
Hi

Thanks for that - I should read the instructions :)

It appears to work fine using your suggested method,but, I think I will stick with the St/By option as the Deep St/By brings up that horrible 'Are you sure ....' message even though nothing is being recorded, nor any scheduled recording within next couple of hours. (that message has always and continues to bug me)

At least now I do have the Deep St/By 'learned' by the Harmony.I don't get that message, do you use timeshift, because if you don't there's a solution. Looking for it now.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48033-Unable-to-go-into-deep-standby-after-a-recording&p=382929&viewfull=1#post382929

leshay
16-04-18, 15:02
Hi

Checked that and was already set to 'No' (I think actually as a result of having read that thread a while ago). See Image:

ccs
16-04-18, 15:14
Mine is ....

leshay
16-04-18, 15:26
Hi
I will try setting as yours later on as some recordings coming up.

ccs
16-04-18, 15:49
I've never used timeshift, but it does activate if you pause live tv.
It looks like your settings don't produce any timeshift dialogue, so maybe deepstandby's "are you sure" message is because you are (accidently) in timeshift,
or maybe it's your combination of settings which causes it (like they were for me).

leshay
16-04-18, 16:00
Hi

Well, I have been fighting with the 'Are you sure .....' messages for a long long time now. It was apparently being 'fixed', but nothing has changed for me over several image changes since then.

Maybe just me :)

I don't use any plugins, and have made only a few minor setting changes from defaults, none of which seem to effect the issue (tried with install no settings updated)

adm
16-04-18, 16:39
I've never used timeshift, but it does activate if you pause live tv.
It looks like your settings don't produce any timeshift dialogue, so maybe deepstandby's "are you sure" message is because you are (accidently) in timeshift,
or maybe it's your combination of settings which causes it (like they were for me).

I have timeshift set but don't see the "are you sure" messages when putting the box into deep standby unless there is actually a recording in progress or just about to start.56603

ccs
16-04-18, 17:04
... so with or without timeshift, there is a set of parameters that should work.

leshay
16-04-18, 17:15
I have timeshift set but don't see the "are you sure" messages when putting the box into deep standby unless there is actually a recording in progress or just about to start.56603

Hi

Yes, and as far as I know, it works like that for everyone else. I went through a longish thread a while ago, where there were some errors found in the code and would be fixed - nothing changed for me though.

Link (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51258-Will-this-nuisance-ever-be-fixed)

ccs
16-04-18, 18:43
... your settings are different to the 2 alternatives (one with timeshift, one without) which both work as expected.

I don't think a "fix" was ever needed, just getting the settings right was all that was required.

leshay
16-04-18, 18:50
Hi

Yes, I will try with both alternative settings and post back. Probably tomorrow before I will get a chance to try them though.

leshay
17-04-18, 13:38
Hi

I tried both of the suggested settings and still had the same result. So, I did a fresh install, without a settings import.

Everything worked fine then, so I started to put back my settings bit by bit and never had the issue (Are you sure ....).

I now have identical settings as before, but so far, no more issues. So, I assume there was something corruption somewhere.