PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Sort order in recording list not working

peterthevicar
12-04-18, 10:06
Hi, this is my first post so first of all thank you to everyone who contributes to this software; much appreciated!

My issue is that I can't seem to change the sort order for the list of recordings using the blue button. It pops up the menu with the different sort options but whichever one I select it immediately reverts back to the default sort order. I've tried using up/down and OK to select and also the numeric key. I see the sort order icon change rapidly from one to the other (a fraction of a second) but no other change.

My default recording destination is an NFS NAS but I have the same problem with /media/hdd on a USB stick too.

I can change the default using the menu/menu/sort option but that's really inconvenient.

TIA, Peter

birdman
12-04-18, 11:35
My issue is that I can't seem to change the sort order for the list of recordings using the blue button.Agreed.
I'll take a look....

birdman
12-04-18, 12:46
It turns out that the Blue button only has an effect if you have selected "Use individual settings for each directory" (List -> Menu -> Settings). It's how you set things for "this particular directory".

So it would, perhaps, make sense to disable this (or switch it to produce pop-up explaining why it won't work) if that isn't set.
Or even allow it to do a temporary sort in a different order. However, that's not a simple change.

peterthevicar
12-04-18, 22:49
It turns out that the Blue button only has an effect if you have selected "Use individual settings for each directory" (List -> Menu -> Settings). It's how you set things for "this particular directory".

So it would, perhaps, make sense to disable this (or switch it to produce pop-up explaining why it won't work) if that isn't set.
Or even allow it to do a temporary sort in a different order. However, that's not a simple change.Thank you, mystery solved!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

peterthevicar
12-04-18, 22:55
It turns out that the Blue button only has an effect if you have selected "Use individual settings for each directory" (List -> Menu -> Settings).

Is there a way to make the blue button switch the underlying sort order? That would make the most sense to me when I want all directories to look the same.

birdman
12-04-18, 23:23
Is there a way to make the blue button switch the underlying sort order? That would make the most sense to me when I want all directories to look the same.There is a way to make them all the same, and to chose what that is (there must be, as that is what I have set-up). That's the Sort option in the Movie List Menu options.
I have an idea of how to make the Blue button do a one-off (different) sort when in this mode, but can't do anything about it for ~2 weeks. If that works I reckon that would be a better use of the Blue button.

peterthevicar
13-04-18, 08:19
There is a way to make them all the same, and to chose what that is (there must be, as that is what I have set-up). That's the Sort option in the Movie List Menu options.
I have an idea of how to make the Blue button do a one-off (different) sort when in this mode, but can't do anything about it for ~2 weeks. If that works I reckon that would be a better use of the Blue button.How do I bind the blue button to the Sort option in Movie list options? There are loads of button options but not that one afaics.

birdman
01-11-18, 03:36
I have an idea of how to make the Blue button do a one-off (different) sort when in this mode, but can't do anything about it for ~2 weeks. If that works I reckon that would be a better use of the Blue button.I forgot about this until now.
I've now got something simple that works in testing (which I presume is my original idea...).

birdman
04-11-18, 22:12
I forgot about this until now.
I've now got something simple that works in testing (which I presume is my original idea...).

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/314