PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Bad updates

almararn
11-04-18, 23:19
Hi, I was just wondering what is going on with the Vix image and the updates?

It is no longer possible to install Samba or NFS in a fresh image, it just reeboots the system and does not install, it has been that way for the Vu+Solo2 for over a month now. Something wrong with the feeds?
I did post that bug 18.03.2018, but got no reply from support.

Transmission has stopped working, and in a fresh install it cannot be installed from the feeds. It has many dependencies missing. - Over a month old problem aswell.

CamoFS from the feeds no longer works after 5.1.024 update, with the error (cannot import name ConfigText). Problem also occurs in a fresh install.

I'm forced to downgrade my system now, and roll it back 2-3 months to get everything running again. But was hoping this could be fixed so I can stay up to date.

Sicilian
12-04-18, 06:25
Have you tried a fresh flash of 5.1.024 with no restore? I've just installed SAMBA and NFS on couple of boxes with no issues.

ccs
12-04-18, 10:22
When I fresh flashed 5.1.020 a while ago I needed an opkg update to get samba working.

For me, it's always been a struggle to get it going from scratch, (couch flash + settings restore works fine).

Sicilian
12-04-18, 15:08
I setup from scratch this morning on ET8500.

almararn
13-04-18, 19:09
Have you tried a fresh flash of 5.1.024 with no restore? I've just installed SAMBA and NFS on couple of boxes with no issues.

Yes, I'm always trying to install it on a fresh flash, have tried it 3 times now on three different versions over a month, including 5.1.024. I also did the opkg update without success.

Does anyone know the name of these packages/modules? So I can try to install them with putty, and then see the error message if any.

I did find a new version of Transmission that works (from openPLI), and the latest version of CamoFS (not from the feeds) works aswell. All I need now is samba so I can make a fresh new installation.

almararn
13-04-18, 20:27
Oh, sorry, I already had an answer to my putty question in my other post. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59166-Trying-fresh-install) A very detailed and good help there.

(sorry for double posting :) )

abu baniaz
13-04-18, 21:27
I did find a new version of Transmission that works (from openPLI), and the latest version of CamoFS (not from the feeds) works aswell. All I need now is samba so I can make a fresh new installation.

Please upload these so we can add to the feeds

almararn
13-04-18, 22:07
Here are the ipk's that I used.