PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Greyed Out Channel lists

dpullen87
05-04-18, 11:08
Hi

I updated yesterday to 5.1.022 and then updated vhannibals at the same time, since then a lot of the satellite channel lists are greyed out, see below.

I'm no expert but reading around it could be a problem with the satalites.xml, how do I update this?

Thanks,

Trial
05-04-18, 11:12
Hi,
I would say check tuner settings and make a service scan.

ciao

dpullen87
05-04-18, 11:14
Tuner setup is correct, some channels are white as shown on 4.8e screen shot and these work OK.

The channels that are now grey worked previously, for example AFN channels on 9e.

dpullen87
05-04-18, 11:55
I've downloaded xml file from http://satellites-xml.org/ and added to etc/enigma2 following this guide but still no different.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites-xml-File

abu baniaz
05-04-18, 14:05
When a satellite is not available, it is usually because of a mismatch/missing in xml file. Have you tried using his xml file?

dpullen87
05-04-18, 14:52
Still the same unless I'm doing somehting wrong, I've added his xml into etc/enigma2 and rebooted the box?

dpullen87
05-04-18, 15:26
I have done a blind scan on 9e and it has brought those channels back now on the channel list.

Do I need to do this for each Sat, never had to do this before?

cactikid
05-04-18, 19:19
was there a date that came with the file as wondering with channel movement and all greyed out was it an old file as re scanning fixes it??:confused:

dpullen87
05-04-18, 19:36
The file had a modified date of yesterday morning, I tried generating a fresh file myself and still the same :confused:

Trial
05-04-18, 19:52
Hi,
is lamedb included in the settings? If not then lamedb does not fit the settings. If lamedb is not correct you need an up to date st xml file AND you need to scan all sat.

ciao

Armpit1UK
05-04-18, 21:07
Hi folks, I have the same issue on VIX 5.1.022. Vhannibals motor list updated yesterday and now certain channels are greyed out. Worst still I can't seem to tune to any channels. I've not changed any tuner configs at all.

dpullen87
05-04-18, 21:36
I do have lamedb and lamedb5 file in etc/enigma2 I have just replaced lamedb with Vhanibals and rebooted but still the same. Anymore ideas?

ccs
05-04-18, 21:40
Do you stop enigma first (telnet init 4) before replacing the files? (init 3 to restart enigma.)

dpullen87
05-04-18, 21:55
Do you stop enigma first (telnet init 4) before replacing the files? (init 3 to restart enigma.)

Just tried this and replaced with vhannibals files and still no good and messed up abm channel list for virgin. Rescan of abm sorted that though

If I do a manual multisat scan and leave running overnight do we think this will resolve the issue?

Armpit1UK
06-04-18, 21:05
Can anyone shed any light on this problem, or is it reflash time?

matu2
06-04-18, 22:01
it seems to be a problem with vhannibal settings and Vu+ only
http://www.vhannibal.net/tagboard.php

we have to wait until next monday or wednesday to be fixed
until then you can use "Sat-An_E2_motor_68.5E-30W" settings it is similar to vhannibal settings

dpullen87
06-04-18, 22:40
Quick fix is to download vhanninals motor from the plugins under settings. The files are from March 21st and working fine. Should do until vhannibals fix the issue next week:thumbsup:

dpullen87
10-04-18, 14:26
fixed in latest version of vhannibals released today :thumbsup:

Armpit1UK
21-04-18, 15:48
For info. I'm using Vhannibals autsetting on with my TM2T and the problem was fixed, however a new list downloaded yesterday which has stopped my box in it's tracks again. The channels aren't greyed out ths time but my tuners are not picking up a signal any signal. If I move the dish round to any sat, it moves very slowly. If I do command goto 0, it picks up an occasional signal as it goes around. This was also an issue when the list was greyed out. It was working perfectly again until yesterday. Is it a vhannibal issue or a vhannibal/vix issue? Anybody else experiencing problems of this nature?

Armpit1UK
21-04-18, 18:13
Oddly enough, it's started working again after I sent it to zero a few times and switched limits on and off. Should this be happening?

Armpit1UK
18-05-18, 20:14
Hi folks, Vhannibals autosetting has loaded a new channel list and the problem above has come back again. It has been working perfectly since my last post (a few lists have downloaded in that time and have been fine). Can anyone shed light on why this might be happening? It's becoming really annoying.

abu baniaz
18-05-18, 21:34
E-mail them directly

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Armpit1UK
19-05-18, 11:32
E-mail them directly

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

I did last time and didn't recieve a response. After about an hour of sending the dish to zero and setting and removing limits, it all started working again.

abu baniaz
19-05-18, 16:23
For now:
Make an image backup.
Make a settings backup too.
Save them to your PC so you can flash the image and be back to how it is now.

Uninstall the V-hannibal auto-settings plugin
Check in etc/enigma2 for any satellites.xml file. Delete it if it exists. Please post back if there was one

Install the xml-updater
Run it and fetch/download newest xml file to etc/tuxbox

Restart and check if the satellites are not greyed out.

If problem continues,
Remove all channel data using following command. Please paste it. Guide in my signature if you need it.

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del

Download the attached lamedb file.

Unzip then transfer it to /etc/enigma2/

Restart receiver with
init 3

Can you select channels from different satellites?
You won't have any bouquets, but can still do this. Channel Up button > Green > Satellites

This will hopefully show where the issue lies

You can restore your settings backup OR flash the image backup to return to where you were.

juttyboy
19-05-18, 18:07
Dont know if this is of any relevance to this thread but i have been having a similar problem,,,sorted it by turning limit off which is funny as i never set a limit in the first place,,now picking up any sat that i was before