PDA

View Full Version : Adding YouTube to my OpenVIX Installation

guyclark
04-04-18, 17:37
HI, everyone!

One thing I'm missing since I switched late last week to OpenVIX from Black Hole (as well as the stock software) is a way to watch YouTube. These other two have dedicated menu selections to bring up YouTube. I haven't found such a thing here.

I did notice during the setup procedure, that I was asked if I wanted to install Chrome, which I didn't do, having not done that intentionally with the other software.

Do I need to install Chrome and then type in the URL for YouTube to make this work? Is there a way to make it a "favorite" selection, so I don't have to type in the URL using my remote?

Thanx!!!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, CA, USA

adm
04-04-18, 17:57
HI, everyone!

One thing I'm missing since I switched late last week to OpenVIX from Black Hole (as well as the stock software) is a way to watch YouTube. These other two have dedicated menu selections to bring up YouTube. I haven't found such a thing here.

I did notice during the setup procedure, that I was asked if I wanted to install Chrome, which I didn't do, having not done that intentionally with the other software.

Do I need to install Chrome and then type in the URL for YouTube to make this work? Is there a way to make it a "favorite" selection, so I don't have to type in the URL using my remote?

Thanx!!!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, CA, USA

The youtube plugin

Menu -> Plugins -> Green to downlodd plugins ->
then
Extensions and scroll down to Youtube (press Ok to install)

Once installed
Menu -> Plugins -> Youtube

Trial
04-04-18, 18:57
Hi,
4K VUs have a special youtube version called youtube TV and for this you need Chromium OS.

ciao

guyclark
05-04-18, 15:44
Thanx, Trial and ADM for your quick help!

I'll try your suggestions this weekend!

Thanx again!!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, CA, USA

guyclark
09-04-18, 16:07
Hi, guys!

I got Youtube working, ... sort of.... it doesn't have the same kind of interface to which I became accustomed using Black Hole, or the factory software. It's really cumbersome to use with the stock remote control. I don't know if I did something wrong, or if that's the way it is.

I wonder if I can plug a USB computer keyboard into any of the USB ports (like the front panel port) and use that to enter URLs, and do searches. This is on a Solo 4K.

Thanx!!

Guy