PDA

View Full Version : Cable Tuner problems

ceejaydee
30-03-18, 18:18
My Mutant HD51 has two cable tuners installed. I have just installed the VIX build and when I come to set up the tuners it only shows Tuner A. I was expecting to see both Tuner A and Tuner B. Is only Tuner A showing correct or is their their a fault with my box? It's still under guarantee with WOS, just. Thanks

abu baniaz
30-03-18, 18:23
can you post a picture of rear of box please?

ceejaydee
30-03-18, 23:07
Not very clear but does this photo help?56481

adm
30-03-18, 23:52
Not very clear but does this photo help?

That looks like a second terrestrial tuner sitting next to the one with the input lead.

Slightly enhanced picture56482

It's a plug in tuner so perhaps its not fully seated in the socket. Turn off at the mains, remove the cover and check the tuner in fully seated.

dsayers
31-03-18, 00:15
Check you're warrenty before attempting to remove cover

abu baniaz
31-03-18, 07:46
You have two tuner cards and two tuner slots. Try both cards in each slot but one at a time.

If one card fails in both slots, the card is faulty. If both cards fail in one slot, the circuit board is faulty.

Hopefully it is just a seating problem as mentioned above. Disconnect PSU before opening.

ceejaydee
31-03-18, 09:11
Good idea. Will do a one at a time swap over of the tuners and see what happens. Bought box from w-o-s last May. If it turns out that circuit board is faulty perhaps they'll do a foc repair.

ceejaydee
31-03-18, 11:09
Interestingly, if I put the lead in the other tuner I get nothing. But still won’t know if it’s tuner or board problem until done full swap overs.

ceejaydee
31-03-18, 11:34
Done full swap overs. Both tuners work in Slot 1 but neither will work in Slot 2. Therefore Slot 2 faulty. (No sh*t Sherlock!). Suppose I will have to contact wos to see whether they will repair under warranty.

ceejaydee
13-04-18, 12:36
OK so the Mutant HD51 went back to WoS who put a new mainboard in under the period of warranty. Well done to WoS for their extremely quick turnaround. Now back in my sweaty hands and setting everything up again. Unfortunatelyl I cant seem to get my head around oscam. I must have been lucky first time round but now whatever I try i cant seem to get it to work. I have downloaded oscam.atv and converted the nline to oscam and ftp's it to practically everwhere possible, but nothing seems to work. Feel like going back to a non-oscam box. Is there an idiot's guide? I have read so many posts online that I am just totally confused. Do this. Do that. Need some serious HELP here pepole. Pleeeeease.

Ashley69
13-04-18, 12:42
You need to download Oscam latest. Beware of line talk. Not allowed.

ceejaydee
13-04-18, 14:16
Warning noted. My apoligies. what's the last version and where to get?

Andy_Hazza
13-04-18, 16:17
ViX plugin feeds has the oscam-latest you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk