PDA

View Full Version : setting up vu+ zero

fozzer12
27-03-18, 22:57
hi i have just ordered a vu+ zero box upgrading from a spiderbox 9000 hd . i have a motorized dish. what are they like to set up for a newbie and what is it like for setting up the satelites on it any guides or advice much appreciated

thanks in advance

roybach
28-03-18, 00:33
Vu+ Zero is basicaly the same to set up as any other E2 box depending to what image you use , suggest that you use the Vix image and get familier with it . if you learnt your way around the Spiderbox then you should cope with the Zero.

fozzer12
28-03-18, 10:51
The spiderbox was set up by my uncle. So I am new to this what is it like for adding says thanks

fozzer12
28-03-18, 10:52
I meant to put sats

abu baniaz
28-03-18, 11:09
The list of satellites is obtained from satellites.xml file. There is a default one which lists more satellites than you can actually receive. You can add your own personal list of satellites and frequencies.

How you configure the software to control the motor depends on how/what the hardware fitted is. If the motor was aligned to use USALS, it is very easy.

I am guessing you actually mean to ask, how do I make groups of favourites/satellites. If this is the case, you can do it by remote, but better/easier to do using software on PC.

Andy_Hazza
28-03-18, 11:10
Its a big jump up from a Spiderbox HD9000 which is e1 based receiver (I think) to an e2 based receiver. Its all good fun though. You can find guides etc from here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fozzer12
28-03-18, 12:43
I think it was setup with diseq1.2 how would I get the sats on the vu is it a case of finding a free channel.for say hotbird and then getting a frequency and then scan the sat is that right thanks