PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Settings plugin

GiP
26-03-18, 09:15
Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature" or sjust simply something I shouldn't do.

I tried for the first time a "Settings" plugin, and as I didn't like the setup I changed it in several places. Yesterday I did the Vix update and I was surprised to see that it went back to the plain settings.

Apparently when the update reloads it puts back the settings in his original form overwriting the settings that, I think, are saved. I tried to delete the plugin but that erases everything so. I am not using this plugin anymore but I am not sure what the right procedure is.

Maybe erasing the plugin shouldn't erase the settings or reloading the saved backup shouldn't overwrite the settings, I am not sure, but it seems that if you are using a settings plugin you cannot change it.

Thanks,

G

abu baniaz
26-03-18, 09:26
Which settings plugin?

GiP
26-03-18, 10:12
Which settings plugin?

The Vhannibal Dual+DTT-Italia, I didn't include this info as I thought it was a generic problem with settings plugin, not a specific one with this....

G

abu baniaz
26-03-18, 10:19
It depends on how it is written. If it writes/reads values to the file called settings, they will be maintained. If it writes/reads to a directory, it depends what happens to the directory.