PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Vix logo spinning, weird colors on screen

jukkal2
23-03-18, 22:22
On Wednesday evening I came home from a bar, and my wife told me the Ultimo didn't work.
Turned on the tv, it showed the spinning ViX logo and didn't respond to any remote control keys or front panel keys. The TV picture was showing, but the colors were different from what they should have been. I booted the box through telnet.
It was running OpenVix 5.1.020 then. After booting I saw there was an update available and online updated to 5.1.021, but here is the crash log anyway in case if it shows something still interesting.

jukkal2
23-03-18, 22:27
Oh, I forgot to mention.. there were timers set for recordings around the crash time from a free HD channel, but the recordings were corrupt. I think one of them (that ended before reboot) didn't show anything, and one that should have been running at boot time apparently only began from the boot time, because it started from the middle of the program.

birdman
24-03-18, 00:25
<1>CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == e089cdd0, ra == e089cdc8The system ran out of memory. After that anything might happen.

jukkal2
24-03-18, 07:17
<1>CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == e089cdd0, ra == e089cdc8The system ran out of memory. After that anything might happen.

Was there a known cause of memory leak in 5.1.020? I thought Ultimo has enough memory.. I don't think I have any exotic plugins to hog memory and I don't believe my wife was doing anything out of ordinary with it when it happened.

Andy_Hazza
24-03-18, 07:52
The Vu+ Ultimo (original) is an ageing receiver by todays standard receivers. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk