PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Please wait, then service notavaialable

avalon65
22-03-18, 19:46
My mutant HD51 was working just fine last night, then when I switched the TV on jus a short time ago, the box was un responsive to the remote control. I unplugged the power cable to reboot the Mutant box, but when it was rebooting there was a spinning wheel in the top left of the screen with Please Wait showing.

I selected TV from the remote and all the channels or services were N/A, so no tv at all now, apart from Freeview.

I also did a restart from the Menu under Shutdown and Restart section, but it was no different.

Oh, I'm not sure what version of OpenVIX is on the box , as it has not been updated since I bought it last April.

Help please.

ccs
22-03-18, 20:01
Sounds a bit like when it happened last time.....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58185-Another-Please-Wait-with-OpenVix&p=460130&viewfull=1#post460130

avalon65
22-03-18, 20:13
Sounds a bit like when it happened last time.....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?58185-Another-Please-Wait-with-OpenVix&p=460130&viewfull=1#post460130

Ok, if I have enabled bug logs how do I get them uploaded to here

avalon65
22-03-18, 20:38

Debug logs are enabled but further down the listing where it says 'send me a copy' or simialr, the box to enter my email address is filled with 3 columns of gobbledegook; ie abc2ABC
123xyz

etc etc.

When I think about it, the box became unresponsive to the remote a few weeks ago and I had to restart it. My other half is getting fed up with it, so I was wondering if I swapped or bought a different make of a sattellite tv box would it be more stable or better.

dsayers
22-03-18, 20:45

See here to upload attachments http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files&p=444447&viewfull=1#post444447

avalon65
22-03-18, 21:00
See here to upload attachments http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files&p=444447&viewfull=1#post444447

Ok thanks, but how do I get them from my sattelite box to upload. As per my post above I am unable to send them to me by email as that area is not editable and filled with gobbledegook.

dsayers
22-03-18, 21:17
Logs are stored in /home/root/logs/ use FTP or if samba installed goto file explorer on pc then network and box then drag the latest crash log to desktop and upload following the above guide.

avalon65
22-03-18, 21:29
I am trying to connect to FTP file server on mutant51, but I am getting Unable to access location, Unexpected end of stream.
It is showing up in the list of sources via Pioneer av amplifier.

If I try to connect to mutant51, it wants a password and username, which I don't have.

I am doing this in Linux and not windows.

dsayers
22-03-18, 21:34
I am trying to connect to FTP file server on mutant51, but I am getting Unable to access location, Unexpected end of stream.

If I try to connect to mutant51, it wants a password and username, which I don't have.

What FTP program are you using? Try Filezilla Client version not Server version.

Default username is root password is not normally needed just leave blank.

avalon65
22-03-18, 21:53
Ok, I have some screenshots if they are any help to anyone.

avalon65
22-03-18, 21:59
I amnot sure what or how many logs are required so I will attach all of todays logs

avalon65
23-03-18, 15:26
Any update yet please.

ccs
23-03-18, 15:33
Where are you storing epg.dat?

I'm seeing in the logs....

< 37.781> [eEPGCache] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'
< 37.781> [eEPGCache] /etc/enigma2/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat
< 40.481> [eEPGCache] /etc/enigma2/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat
< 40.706> [eEPGCache] /etc/enigma2/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat

Menu/Setup/EPG/Settings .......The first entry.

avalon65
23-03-18, 15:56
Where are you storing epg.dat?

I'm seeing in the logs....

< 37.781> [eEPGCache] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'

Menu/Setup/EPG/Settings .......The first entry.

The path to the epg settings is Menu/Setup/System/EPG/Settings /EPG Location Internal Flash.

As far as I know, its never changed and always been there.

ccs
23-03-18, 15:59
You need to change that to /media/hdd and see how it goes.

avalon65
23-03-18, 16:06
You need to change that to /media/hdd and see how it goes.

Ok I have changed the location to /media/HDD, and when I went Save, another window comes up and asks if I want save data to /etc/enigma2/epg.dat.

Should I say Yes or No

ccs
23-03-18, 16:10
Say yes.

I'd be tempted to delete the epg and start from fresh afterwards. (I think it's in Menu/Setup/EPG)

If you only use freeview, leave the box tuned to bbc1 for 30 minutes to repopulate.

If you import your epg from somewhere else you'll need to force a download.

avalon65
23-03-18, 16:20
Say yes.

I'd be tempted to delete the epg and start from fresh afterwards. (I think it's in Menu/Setup/EPG)

If you only use freeview, leave the box tuned to bbc1 for 30 minutes to repopulate.

If you import your epg from somewhere else you'll need to force a download.

I said Yes, then restarted the box from the menu, and what came up on reboot was just the same as before, service unavailable, then DVB service in the front window of the box.

When I delete the epg and start from fresh, just remind me, what do I need to do, what sequence of events if any. Oh, I use freesat mostly.

ccs
23-03-18, 16:22
You also need to check your tuner configurations and make sure the leads are connected ok.

What tuners are you using?

avalon65
23-03-18, 16:24
You also need to check your tuner configurations and make sure the leads are connected ok.

What tuners are you using?

I am using the ones that were fitted in when I bought the box. All I know is that there are 2 tuners and 2 cables from the satellite dish

ccs
23-03-18, 16:27
Service unavailable suggests the tuners are not setup/connected properly.

Can you post the tuner config screenshots.

Andy_Hazza
23-03-18, 16:27
I would start again and flash your receiver with the latest ViX image and setup as New with no Restores. Then when you come to setting up your EPG, use OpenTV and set your path to media/hdd (do not leave as default which is Internal Flash)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avalon65
23-03-18, 16:42
Service unavailable suggests the tuners are not setup/connected properly.

Can you post the tuner config screenshots.

Screenshot of tuner configs. They were set to Advanced and when I selected the yellow button for Configuration, only 'simple' was available.

avalon65
23-03-18, 16:44
I would start again and flash your receiver with the latest ViX image and setup as New with no Restores. Then when you come to setting up your EPG, use OpenTV and set your path to media/hdd (do not leave as default which is Internal Flash)

To start again and flash the receiver, could I use the front USB port to do so, or does it have to be the one on the back of the box.

I've downloaded the latest VIX image as a zip file, does it have to be extracted first or just left as a zip file.

ccs
23-03-18, 16:59
I would take a settings backup using backupmanager, take an image backup using image manager, download the latest ViX image using imagemanager, and then flash that image using imagemanager.

Note: if you want to restore the backup image you took, you'll need to unzip it onto a usb stick and flash via usb only.

avalon65
23-03-18, 17:13
I would take a settings backup using backupmanager, take an image backup using image manager, download the latest ViX image using imagemanager, and then flash that image using imagemanager.

Note: if you want to restore the backup image you took, you'll need to unzip it onto a usb stick and flash via usb only.

I've used iamage manger to download the latest VIX image as a zip file, now I can't see where or what to select to install that image

ccs
23-03-18, 17:16
Press green to take a backup of the current image, and then the same in backupmanager to save your settings.

I think you're running an old version of ViX which doesn't allow couch flashing on a HD51.

avalon65
23-03-18, 17:29
Press green to take a backup of the current image, and then the same in backupmanager to save your settings.

I think you're running an old version of ViX which doesn't allow couch flashing on a HD51.

The image manager has stopped or stuck at about halfway of backing up the root files, does it take a while normally.

ccs
23-03-18, 17:35
.... a few minutes, usually.

(I won't be here much for a while)

avalon65
23-03-18, 17:47
The backup did complete and then I plugged a usb stick into the rear usb port and restarted the box. The image was not picked up on restart, so I tried the front usb port, no diffrence. I guess the actual image file wants to be in the root of the usb stick and not the HD51 folder which was created on unzipping the zip file.

Just tried again with all the files of the zip file in the root of the usb stick and nothing is happening. the image is not being picked up to boot or install from.

ccs
23-03-18, 17:56
All in here.....

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Mutant%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Mutant%20HD51%20by%20USB.pd f

avalon65
23-03-18, 18:37
All in here.....

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Mutant%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Mutant%20HD51%20by%20USB.pd f

Thanks for that, and I used a Kingston Data Traveller SE9 8Gb. It worked the 2nd time as I was not just quick enough the 1st try, and now the new image has been flashed, but the box did not reboot itself.

Do I need to do that before I go any further, as it is now on the 1st stage of setting up.

avalon65
23-03-18, 18:53
I did a hard reboot and removed the Kingston usb stick, and just going throught the settings now.

Just something I would appreciate is if someone could give a basic step by step guide to getting an epg and also bouquets, which I made a mess of when I first got the box.

Thanks

abu baniaz
23-03-18, 19:15
Are you using for IPTV too?

avalon65
23-03-18, 19:31
Are you using for IPTV too?

Nope, just Freesat channels.

abu baniaz
23-03-18, 19:37
Bouquets:
Use AutoBouquetsMaker.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48368-How-to-setup-AutobouquetsMaker-for-FreeSat-UK-using-OpenViX

EPG:
Use CrossEPG downloader ( Don't go anywhere near the xmltv providers)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-downloader-28-2-only

avalon65
23-03-18, 20:03
Thanks for the links.

I now want to install plugins and it has gone to picons,so which one from the listing should I choose as most of them have the same name or very similar name.
Actually, correct that.

They are all, or most of them, called tv-east with a number on the right side, ie tv-east.250.16 for example.
What does the numbering of them mean.

Andy_Hazza
23-03-18, 20:20
I would install the MK ones. See here >> MK Picons (28.2 and UK cable) (DOWNLOAD ONLY)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=12108&share_tid=41444&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eworld-of-satellite%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D41444&share_type=t

avalon65
23-03-18, 20:23
I would install the MK ones. See here >> MK Picons (28.2 and UK cable) (DOWNLOAD ONLY)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=12108&share_tid=41444&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eworld-of-satellite%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D41444&share_type=t

Ok so don't install any picons from the list then.

I have the picons on a usb stick from when I installed or used last year

Andy_Hazza
23-03-18, 20:29
I have my MK picons stored to internal flash. That way you can get rid of the usb flash drive then. Then just make sure your EPG data is stored to your HDD. Also Timeshift is ok on your HDD too. [emoji4]

avalon65
23-03-18, 20:34
I have selected AutoBouquetMaker/Configure, which I don't see as editable, I press the green button for OK, then select scan, and I get a message asking me to Please first set up in config.

What else do I have to do in configure.

Andy_Hazza
23-03-18, 20:45
In Providers you would select your FreeSat”Region” and then enable HD Swap etc then green button to save. Then in Hide Sections you can hide any Bouquets (sections) by applying a tick at the side of them (OK button) then green button to save and then Start Scan.

avalon65
23-03-18, 21:17
In Providers you would select your FreeSat”Region” and then enable HD Swap etc then green button to save. Then in Hide Sections you can hide any Bouquets (sections) by applying a tick at the side of them (OK button) then green button to save and then Start Scan.

Thanks, and yes I figured part of that out choosing the Freesat region, but I can't see where to enable HD swap, but have hidden services we don't want.

One other thing , is that I have a set of picons o a usb stick which is in the back of the receiver, how do I get those to show up in the epg. Yes I know I did it last year, but have forgotten how to and it is not that obvious to me,

abu baniaz
23-03-18, 21:29
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

If your picons are already on the USB stick, I'd leave them there for sake of simplicity

avalon65
24-03-18, 10:56
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

If your picons are already on the USB stick, I'd leave them there for sake of simplicity

I have set picons in EPG settings to Picons and service name, and in the latest VIX image, I cannot for the life of me find where I can point to the usb stick for picons.
The items in the menu are in a different place or order than what they are in this :

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver.

abu baniaz
24-03-18, 11:04
You dont tell it where picons are, it checks a list of locations.

avalon65
24-03-18, 12:02
[QUOTE=avalon65;468401]I have set picons in EPG settings to Picons and service name, and in the latest VIX image, I cannot for the life of me find where I can point to the usb stick for picons.

Ignore the above.

I found out how to get the picons to show now, and they are all showing up from the USB stick.
Thanks for all the help. It was much appreciated.

avalon65
24-03-18, 12:43
One last thing, is that when I am using the menu and any other part of it, the top of the page are cut through the Menu path at the top of the page and the select buttons, at the bottom of the page.

Where do I make the screen just that bit smaller. I've looked at the Audio/Video settings but nothing there, and also the System settings and agin nothing there that I could see.

Thanks

ccs
24-03-18, 12:59
If you can't switch overscan off on your tv, it's in

Menu/Setup/User interface/Skin setup/OSD position

Andy_Hazza
24-03-18, 13:52
Always turn the overscan feature off via the TV if possible.