PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Auto timer support for iptv

Ford1
18-03-18, 22:17
I'm sure this has been covered, but I've been away for some time.

I am looking at setting up a custom mix file to merge my iptv with sat bouquet to provide the missing channels.

My question is, what is the best way to do this and keep autotimer function on streams.

currently I can set a timer, however not a autotimer, I also cannot timeshift streams, (I remember reading somewhere this was possible)

Can anyone (If you understand what im trying to ask) help with this setup

Andy_Hazza
18-03-18, 22:59
AutoTimers don’t work with IPTV streams, but then again I haven’t tried any IPTV lately using latest ViX image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbbuk
19-03-18, 20:05
I'm on 5.1 018 and when I set "autotimer", it doesn't add anything but if I add normal "timer" it does and it records it as expected.

This is on an IPTV channel using new custommix to replace existing service ref with an IPTV service reference. This is using service type 4097 (rather than 1) for service reference as well.

The fact that it does it on normal "timer" implies it should be possible to also do it for an "autotimer" as well !!

Ford1
19-03-18, 22:40
I know, and that's what's slightly perplexing. Don't get me wrong, I have little to no knowledge of how the system works, or how it is coded, but id like to think it would be possible With the shift of many to iptv, I think its something that would be desired.

Ive tried with everything i can think, i.e service ref. I've linked the iptv stream to a dvb reference so that crossepg populates the 7 day listings. I thought this would be how the system works?

bbbuk
22-03-18, 19:46
I can see that if I try to add an "autotimer" via GEPG on an IPTV channel (as per custommix - using 4097 service ref), it shows in the autotimer.xml file in /etc/enigma2.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no problem adding a normal "timer". These get added to "timer.xml" file and it records fine.

Therefore, the problem isn't with once it's in timer.xml file it's with whatever is used to parse through the EPG for matches.

Does anyone know the process involved in setting an autotimer and .py files that are used?