PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo SE not starting up

Worzel
14-03-18, 20:33
Does anyone know what I can do to get this box up and running?
Was working fine this last night, now when turned on it sits at the VU logo sign and does nothing.
Switched it on at the back and pressed the front blue button as the usb stick has the backup on it.
?????

Andy_Hazza
15-03-18, 08:59
No such receiver called VU+ Solo2 SE. Most likely you have a clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worzel
15-03-18, 09:48
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;467882]No such receiver called VU+ Solo2 SE. Most likely you have a clone.

Apologies Andy, Solo SE, purchased from WOS.

Andy_Hazza
15-03-18, 09:55
Phew. Do you know what image was on prior to the receiver just sitting with the VU+ Logo?

Worzel
15-03-18, 10:11
This one
Openvix 5 1 019 Release Vusolose Usb (74.6M)
Was always kept up to date.
Tried re-flashing with 2 different usb sticks which had backups on, ones i've successfully used before and did not work, I also re-formatted them to fat32 and tried again.
Should I re-flash with an earlier image ?

Andy_Hazza
15-03-18, 10:27
To flash an image, you should only have the one usb flash drive inserted (fat 32 formatted and with the latest image (extracted) to the root of the usb flash drive) then power off via the rocker switch, then power back on and the LED light will flash slowly which indicates it is flashing/installing the image. After a few minutes, when the LED light rapidly flashes, you would then power off via the rocker switch, take out the usb flash drive and power back on. Is this what you are doing?

Worzel
15-03-18, 10:39
To flash an image, you should only have the one usb flash drive inserted (fat 32 formatted and with the latest image (extracted) to the root of the usb flash drive) then power off via the rocker switch, then power back on and the LED light will flash slowly which indicates it is flashing/installing the image. After a few minutes, when the LED light rapidly flashes, you would then power off via the rocker switch, take out the usb flash drive and power back on. Is this what you are doing?

Yes, exactly that, have done it loads of times, seems the box isn't picking up the USB sticks.
This is a friends box so will ask him what he did to it.

Andy_Hazza
15-03-18, 10:46
Hhhhmmmmmm strange. While the usb flash drive is not inserted, will the receiver boot?

Worzel
15-03-18, 11:26
Hhhhmmmmmm strange. While the usb flash drive is not inserted, will the receiver boot?

Nope, tried that already.
If I cannot fix it i'll get him to send to back and he'll have to pay for an expert to fix it, my knowledge only goes so far.

Andy_Hazza
15-03-18, 12:00
It’s most likely a usb issue. I hear/see loads of peeps having issues with usb flash drives. I always use Kingston/HP branded ones and they’ve never failed on me.

^^COMPASS^^
15-03-18, 20:12
This one
Openvix 5 1 019 Release Vusolose Usb (74.6M)
Was always kept up to date.
Tried re-flashing with 2 different usb sticks which had backups on, ones i've successfully used before and did not work, I also re-formatted them to fat32 and tried again.
Should I re-flash with an earlier image ?

Image backups created using the Image Manager on VU Solose don't create the force.update file needed when flashing via USB stick.

Extract force.update file attached & send to your USB stick vuplus/solose

wullboy
16-03-18, 08:11
aaaaa. nice one, had issues away back with this box, and was wondering why it wouldn't flash..cheers m8..

Ashley69
16-03-18, 08:17
Couch flash?

Andy_Hazza
16-03-18, 09:13
Couch flash?

Stuck on Vu+ Boot Screen so unable to “couch flash”.

birdman
16-03-18, 13:36
Image backups created using the Image Manager on VU Solose don't create the force.update file needed when flashing via USB stick.It doesn't create it for other images either.
If it is required then it should be created, so if it isn't that's a bug. There's no point in creating an image backup that can't be used.

On my two boxes I get a front-panel prompt to press OK if I wish to flash (at least I think I do...a long time since I've done one). But if there is no way to produce such a visible prompt then that needs to be catered for.