PDA

View Full Version : Mutant HD51 - Motorised bug, has it been fixed?

RustySpoons
14-03-18, 15:39
Really need to buy a new receiver and this is the only one currently ticking all the boxes.
However a few people I know have this and said it's a nightmare when used with a Motorised dish if it's got the DVB-S2X tuner/s

Any idea if this has been fixed yet or any word from Mutant regarding this issue?

Sicilian
14-03-18, 17:30
Not 100% sure, but pretty sure s2x tuners are not affected, I’ll test this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustySpoons
15-03-18, 00:41
Thank you Sicilian

It was affected when the DVB-S2X tuners came out and they updated the drivers for them, the further you go from sat to sat on the arc
the longer it will take to tune.
There is a long post on the PLi forums about it, I can post the link if that's allowed?

It's not a voltage issue as someone I know uses a Vbox with one as they have a 1.8m Dish.

This is a quote I've taken off that forum:

Yes, same behaviour. The bug has three different issues as far as I've seen:

1. on adjacent satellites (up to 3 degrees) no problem both west and east

2. on distant satellites

a) it will either go to the position but not find lock up to 50 seconds or so

b ) it will either begin moving to the position but stop after a couple of seconds

c) it will either move to the position but instead of having a constant speed, it will slow down severely.

I've tried contacting Mutant but not had a reply from them, guess someone who deals with their rep might get an update from them?

RustySpoons
16-03-18, 15:46
I've got to the bottom of this and sent the fix to Sicillian.
I have now had confirmation from HD51 users that what I sent to them works.

Hopefully this can be fed back to the OA Enigma team to fix.

Now need to order a HD51, wonder if WoS can do me a good price :)

TK4|2|1
16-03-18, 20:55

It’s already a good price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maxben
16-03-18, 21:02

So it's not the drivers then.

Why not share the fix here ?

RustySpoons
16-03-18, 21:18
It’s already a good price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There used to be forum discount, their may still be.
And they will sell more now this issue is resolved, seeing as I used my hard work to solve this issue that's been there since 2017 I thought id at least ask :)
This isn't limited to the HD51, a few other E2 boxes have this.
Fingers crossed what I sent to Sicilian gets looked in to and fed back to the OE Alliance team.

Sicilian
17-03-18, 07:00
@ Rustyspoons, passed your info onto our dev team, thank you. Tbh though it looks more like a workaround than an actual fix.

RustySpoons
17-03-18, 13:11
Yes but someone can find the bug in the E2 code now, it's not the Mutant drivers as this is happening on other boxes too that don't use the Silabs tuner chipset.

Huevos
17-03-18, 20:23
Which boxes? I don't have any trouble obtain lock on any of my motorised installs.

abu baniaz
17-03-18, 20:38
My TM Nano Se M2, Solo 4K, ET8000, MB Micro do not have problems with a motor.

RustySpoons
18-03-18, 19:14
Miraclebox Micro Premium 1, latest VIX & Open PLI this happens, however you can change this setting in the GUI rather than changing the config file.

DM800HD same thing with recent images, resolved in the same way, however that's just an image I've modified to run on this box so others won't come across
this on that particular device.

And the Octagon SF4008 there are reports of this and changing this setting resolves the issue.

el bandido
19-03-18, 19:20
IF you have found something you think works, then post it so the information can be used. That is the spirit of Open Source.

My Octagon SF4008 does not have any motor or switch issues. I have tested this box on USALS and Diseqc1.2 in both ku motor and c band positioner.

ccs
19-03-18, 19:48
Maybe this is what you're looking for?

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/52120-new-tuner-si2166d-mutnt-51hd/?view=findpost&p=859745

birdman
19-03-18, 20:35
...however you can change this setting in the GUI rather than changing the config file.So are you saying that just by changing a menu option you can make the problem go away?

RustySpoons
19-03-18, 23:18
So are you saying that just by changing a menu option you can make the problem go away?

Only on some boxes the option is in the GUI, on the HD51 you have to edit a config file (For the moment)
The problem will go away till the next reboot then you have to add it again.

RustySpoons
19-03-18, 23:20
Maybe this is what you're looking for?

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/52120-new-tuner-si2166d-mutnt-51hd/?view=findpost&p=859745

That in a bit more detail was what I sent in a PM to Sicilian, I've posted it on an another forum so a few would have got it from there.

RustySpoons
19-03-18, 23:25
IF you have found something you think works, then post it so the information can be used. That is the spirit of Open Source.

My Octagon SF4008 does not have any motor or switch issues. I have tested this box on USALS and Diseqc1.2 in both ku motor and c band positioner.
I sent it to Sicilian, I didn't want to go posting things on here if it wasn't appropriate, I assumed if it was all okay that he would post it here.
Or that something will get fixed in an upcoming image.

maxben
20-03-18, 01:08
This is what was posted over on Pli

You can work around this issue.

init 4

Change a line which looks like this:

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.powerMeasurement=true

to:

config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.powerMeasurement=fals e

then:

init 3

To my disappointment when I checked my config it was already set to 'false'

So i did the opposite and changed it to 'true'

and tested by sending the dish to another sat and immediately a 'tune failed' msg appeared but the dish continued to move to the selected channel and satellite and locked on the signal as soon as it landed on the channel, I knew I could hide the error message by going into 'user interface' settings and enabling 'Hide Zap Errors'

I then continued to test by sending the dish from one end of the arc to other for at least 30mins and each and every time the signal locked immediately.

This is a dirty fix and the only down side is that you loose the dish moving animation but I can live with that until or if a real fix appears.

I stress though that I am using a vbox so no idea if this method works with a diseqc motor, also for me this survives a reboot.

Sicilian
23-03-18, 18:20
Fix for HD51 will be in next release build.

The fixes are here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/b774688e3cb82b9a1abe51790258e4d868b54acc#diff-8a178767191192366c96ca95eadf3ac9

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/eae333e08f0188892a5392a63021e88e4db9320c

Sicilian
24-03-18, 07:49
Release feeds for OpenViX 5.1.022 being uploaded now. This contains the motor fix for HD51.

maxben
24-03-18, 09:28
Confirming that the motor is now working as it should.

Had a look at the fix on github and it seems so minor (yet obviously critical) that it seems incredible the problem has gone on for so long.

Is this a real fix or an enigma work around ?

abu baniaz
24-03-18, 11:10
The "fix" to compensate for drivers issues, has resulted in a constant spinner if you get tune failed. only way around it is to panic zap, reflash, init 4 edit last channel

Sicilian
24-03-18, 11:12
The "fix" to compensate for drivers issues, has resulted in a constant spinner if you get tune failed. only way around it is to panic zap, reflash, init 4 edit last channel

Not according to Mutant, Mutant say other manufacturers are using a workaround in their drivers. Had a long conversation with Mutant about this yesterday, but hey ho, all fixed now.

abu baniaz
24-03-18, 11:27
im stuffed with that commit. constant spinner when there was no lock.

Sicilian
24-03-18, 11:30
im stuffed with that commit. constant spinner when there was no lock.

Give OpenPLi the logs and details, that's where the commit's come from.

maxben
24-03-18, 11:43

Are you talking about the HD51 ? because AFAIK the problem was that when moving to a different sat when landing the channel wouldn't lock until zapping away to another channel or waiting for timeout to lock signal and that was the problem here and for others.

Sicilian
24-03-18, 11:53
Are you talking about the HD51 ? because AFAIK the problem was that when moving to a different sat when landing the channel wouldn't lock until zapping away to another channel or waiting for timeout to lock signal and that was the problem here and for others.

No its something else.

abu baniaz
24-03-18, 12:13
The commit has been made to affect tuning lock of all receivers.

@Sicilian and @Huevos cannot reproduce the issue I experienced.

RustySpoons
27-03-18, 23:39
Release feeds for OpenViX 5.1.022 being uploaded now. This contains the motor fix for HD51.

Has this been included with Vix builds for other receivers? As this happens with the Miraclebox Micro Premium too.

abu baniaz
28-03-18, 00:38
The commit has been made to affect tuning lock of all receivers.

Huevos
28-03-18, 09:00
Not according to Mutant, Mutant say other manufacturers are using a workaround in their drivers. Had a long conversation with Mutant about this yesterday, but hey ho, all fixed now.LOL. We do it right, everyone else is doing it wrong. But our box doesn't work properly. Truth is enigma2 is open source and the drivers are closed source. So it is easy for them to look at our open source and make the drivers compatible. Not so easy for us to look at their closed source and make our open source compatible.

RustySpoons
03-04-18, 19:04
I can confirm this "Commit" has resolved this issue on the Miraclebox Premium Micro.

birdman
03-04-18, 19:46
I can confirm this "Commit" has resolved this issue on the Miraclebox Premium Micro.So a workaround for "bugged" Mutant drivers has fixed a Miraclebox too. How odd....

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 19:49
Miraclebox premium micro won't work with dvbsnoop.

There is a nice discussion on PLi over the Mutant issue. Everyone is wrong apart from Mutant!

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 19:52
Oh yes, Mutant's cannot show tuner information because of E2 fault too! All other receivers have faulty drivers. Engma2 is at fault too.

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 20:03
Oh yes, screenshot on miraclebox premium does not work properly too. Another instance of bad coding in engima2. Same bad coding works without problem on other images.

The real problem is that there is no documentation about what the drivers must do/should respond.

RustySpoons
03-04-18, 20:04
So a workaround for "bugged" Mutant drivers has fixed a Miraclebox too. How odd....
There are different issues, the one I reported about not locking after the motor moving etc was resolved with this "Commit"
From my testing it's an E2 issue and I came up with a work around that I posted elsewhere, I would have posted it here but no one replied to my PM.

This was then resolved with the latest commit.
Everyone seemed to point their finger at Mutant saying the motor issue is down to the driver but it's not, I can get any E2 box to do it.
However there is an issue with a driver to do with signal readings etc but that's another discussion.

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 20:06
Another instance of bad enigma2 coding....
Flashing an image using ofgwrite on MB micro always resulted in non-booting receivers.

The wonderful people at Mircalebox/INI had to provide a new bootloader because of the bad coding.

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 20:07
Gigablue gives false positives on AV output in drivers.
We stopped adding hacks for them, other teasm still do. They won't fix drivers as a result

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 20:09
This was then resolved with the latest commit.
Everyone seemed to point their finger at Mutant saying the motor issue is down to the driver but it's not, I can get any E2 box to do it.

Wow, how have all other users with motors managed to use them?

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 20:12
There is along thread on Linuxsat about the not-supported-here receivers not locking on motorised setups. They needed lo-power lnbs to work.

One of the "power users" stated something very telling, something to the effect, "it has to be drivers because all other 7362 receivers work fine"

RustySpoons
03-04-18, 20:15
Wow, how have all other users with motors managed to use them?

This "Bug" was introduced at some point in 2017, it's only on OA-E Images, it affects ANY box that has that software on there.
The factors here are, have they all updated/installed an image with this bug?, do they move their motor much?, do they notice?
Reports on lots of different boxes, they said that the SF4008 is not affected, well it is.

I've tested it on numerous boxes, its an E2 issue not a Driver issue.

Doesn't happen on Non OA-E E2 sources, I have dreamboxes as well, doesn't happen with images from other sources on those.
Put a PLI based image on them and the bug is there.

kipp3r
05-04-18, 17:57
This "Bug" was introduced at some point in 2017, it's only on OA-E Images, it affects ANY box that has that software on there.
The factors here are, have they all updated/installed an image with this bug?, do they move their motor much?, do they notice?
Reports on lots of different boxes, they said that the SF4008 is not affected, well it is.

I've tested it on numerous boxes, its an E2 issue not a Driver issue.

Doesn't happen on Non OA-E E2 sources, I have dreamboxes as well, doesn't happen with images from other sources on those.
Put a PLI based image on them and the bug is there.

Yes it certainly does effect the sf4008 , I have sf4008 & mutant hd51 and effects both but I did not realise it was a bug until I read this thread - now I know why it takes so long for channels to appear after switching to a different satellite, hopefully a remedy sorted out soon , thanks for the info lads.

Sicilian
05-04-18, 19:10
This thread is bordering ridiculous now imo. Bug is fixed, thread closed.