PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasters moving to IPTV

lnoton
08-03-18, 19:23
I'd imagine it's when it becomes mainstream it'll get added in. But in 10 years it's likely satellite *may* become a legacy approach to recieving live TV as the internet becomes faster, fatter and more accessible.

I certainly don't expect to be using satellite in 5 years time at all and in 10 enough people will not either...I'd expect tuners to perhaps all but disappear.

There is my prediction. See you in 10!

adm
08-03-18, 21:57
I'd imagine it's when it becomes mainstream it'll get added in. But in 10 years it's likely satellite *may* become a legacy approach to recieving live TV as the internet becomes faster, fatter and more accessible.

And with that being the only form of getting your TV your Internet or TV supplier will raise the price substantially.

lnoton
09-03-18, 09:51
I'm afraid so.

db49er
09-03-18, 10:28
I hope the prediction does not come true too soon because I live in an isolated area and have been forced to abandon my landline (unlimited data at 0.45Mbps) for Mobile LTE (expensive at 10Mbps).

lnoton
09-03-18, 21:31
Just to be clear, I hope it doesn't too..unless everyone has decent broadband. But that's my prediction too. In 10 years everyone in the UK will have access to fast data. Maybe not low ping...but data non the less.

abu baniaz
09-03-18, 21:47
I have moved the non-unicable posts to their own thread. Please continue in his thread for the IPTV posts.