PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Samba Share prompting for credentials

dpullen87
08-03-18, 12:42
I set up Samba yesterday on my solo 2. I can access the share fine from a PC and VLC on my iPhone but when trying to connect via my zidoo x9s (android) box it is prompting for a username and password. I tried setting the password to 1234 on the solo and then logging in on the zidoo with root/1234 but still no good.

Any ideas why I'm being prompted for credentials and what the credentials should be?

adm
08-03-18, 15:07
I set up Samba yesterday on my solo 2. I can access the share fine from a PC and VLC on my iPhone but when trying to connect via my zidoo x9s (android) box it is prompting for a username and password. I tried setting the password to 1234 on the solo and then logging in on the zidoo with root/1234 but still no good.

Any ideas why I'm being prompted for credentials and what the credentials should be?

If you haven't changed or set the password on the box
user = root
password = leave blank

dpullen87
08-03-18, 16:33
If i come out of Samba back to the services screen there is a password option at the bottom, in there was a randomly generated password which was set by default. Does this password apply to Samba share, just don't understand why windows doesn't prompt for any credentials which would indicate no password or user is required?

cactikid
08-03-18, 22:37
when setting up my boxes i dont use any passwords and see something in there as you say and maybe it is a default setting but i never get a prompt for a password.

dpullen87
08-03-18, 23:22
Got it sorted now, needed to reboot the box after setting the password

Thanks for he help guys